South Florida Owners from South Florida

WTB/ WTT: Stock AP2 Exhaust

Old 02-27-2021, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB/ WTT: Stock AP2 Exhaust

I am looking for a stock AP2 Exhaust to buy outright or trade for an Invidia N1 dual exhaust.

Thanks!
Old 02-28-2021, 06:44 AM

Received 1,139 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Good luck. I couldn't give mine away a few years ago.

Just a note: the OEM exhaust is all one piece from the catalytic converter back so shipping is prohibitively expensive or you'll need to borrow a pickup of full size SUV to get one locally. Invidia exhausts are notorious for being loud and there are much quieter albeit aftermarket exhausts that ship in 4 pieces in 1 box that will mount in about 30 minutes. If noise is the issue you may be able to find silencers that stuff in the exhaust tips to make the system livable.

-- Chuck
Old 02-28-2021, 08:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck S
Good luck. I couldn't give mine away a few years ago.

Just a note: the OEM exhaust is all one piece from the catalytic converter back so shipping is prohibitively expensive or you'll need to borrow a pickup of full size SUV to get one locally. Invidia exhausts are notorious for being loud and there are much quieter albeit aftermarket exhausts that ship in 4 pieces in 1 box that will mount in about 30 minutes. If noise is the issue you may be able to find silencers that stuff in the exhaust tips to make the system livable.

-- Chuck
​​​​​​
yeah previous owner just had the stock exhaust cut off into prices and discarded ....I just bought the car and it came with the Invidia, it came with the silencers which I put in that did help cut the noice down to bearable but ideally I'd like a stock car.

There are some ap1 exhausts near me for cheap but the tips are wrong
Old 02-28-2021, 08:37 AM

Received 1,139 Likes on 1,002 Posts

You may be able to find the AP2 tips and mount them on an AP1 exhaust. There are subtle differences between the two exhausts but either will fit with some fiddling. Bird in the hand and all.

I was able to sell my AP2 tips but the rest of the exhaust went on the curb after 2 or 3 years in my shed. For absolute purity the AP2 tips are required. Matter of taste, I was more than happy to get rid of the Accord ovals and fit proper albeit incorrect round tips. Pretty much as custom as this car will get.

-- Chuck