Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

**Speedstar Update**

Old 05-12-2014, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **Speedstar Update**

As an update for those who commented/contributed to my previous thread about Idling issues and dealing with Speedstar,

Since my last update on my valve adjustment and how Speestar dropped the ball,, I sent them an email outlining my disatisfaction and provided them with copies of all communication between both parties.

I expressed my disappointment and frustration on having to pay them over $500, just to get my car back with the same issues,,,

While my email was polite, it was direct and to the point with emphasis on customer satisfaction, or in my case disastisfaction.

Well, 3 weeks have passed and I recieved an email today that they are mailing me cheque for full reimbursement of the labour component of my services, they are charging me for the new plugs installed only.

I was pleasantly surprised, but also felt gratified that they made things right,

Lessons learned here:

Always document your conversations, including who you speak to,
Keep copies of all communication,
Don't bend over if you're on the short end of the stick, don't be afraid to voice your disatisfaction or to complain,

Good on them for making things right,,,,
Old 05-12-2014, 03:18 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Glad to hear they took care of you. I've always had good service from them. However, they are still human, and mistakes can happen. I know customer satisfaction and good workmanship is important for Albert.
Old 05-12-2014, 03:33 PM

Received 3,373 Likes on 2,452 Posts

Good to hear this was resolved, while mistakes can happen with any vendor it is good to see Speedstar working with you on this.
Old 05-12-2014, 03:39 PM

The thing to keep in mind with customer service, is that how bad things can get, or how bad the communication can breakdown, customers will always remember the last impression.

In my case, I would do business with them again,,,, becaus they acknowledged their role in this and did the right thing,,,

They could of easily told me to Fu#k Off and walked away without a hit to their business,

This way they come across as honourable and focused on keeping their customers happy,,,
Old 05-12-2014, 03:40 PM

BTW,,

And to me, as much as I appreciate the partial refund, it was never about the $$$$

I'm a man of principle,,, and I expect people I do businees with to be the same,,,,
Old 05-12-2014, 04:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Albert and Frank will try to work with you on any issues...they might be a little slow with emails but in the end they aren't going to see anyone walk away unhappy. That is not why they are in business...
At least from my own personal experience with Albert, he was very fair and honest about my concerns and got my AP1 setup great.

We all have off days, as Alan said we are human and mistakes happen. Glad to see they worked with you.

Speedstar is better than any Honda Dealer .... anywhere. IMO from my own experience
Old 05-12-2014, 07:54 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jinderv
Speedstar is better than any Honda Dealer .... anywhere. IMO from my own experience
Agree, hands down.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:18 AM

Did the Idling issue ever get fixed?
Old 05-13-2014, 02:42 AM

Yep,, all it needed was a valve adjustment,,,which they never looked at, even though I specifcally asked for them to do,,

Water under the bridge,,,

Car runs great now,,,
Old 05-13-2014, 03:37 AM

They owned up to being retarded. This is excellent news

Quick Reply: **Speedstar Update**