Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

2011 Sigma Racing Time Attack! 5 Events at Mosport

Old 02-24-2011, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Sigma Racing Time Attack! 5 Events at Mosport

Dear Moderators,

It's that time of the year again and SRTA would like to ask for you for your permission to kindly grant us a small space on your forum. As before, we will keep things clean and have everything related to SRTA here in 1 thread. If you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know and we will be more than happy to comply with your rules.

Thank you so much s2ki!

Howi

Dear racers,

SRTA would like to thank all of your for a successful 2010 season. We had a great first year in 2010 with 4 events in which our participants enjoyed their own AiM Sports lap timer, ample track time for test and tune and an official time-attack at the end of every event with prizes for the top racers.

The end of winter marks the half way point of racing's off-season as we move into spring. SRTA would like to invite all of you to our 2011 events at Mosport DDT. The 5 events scheduled for 2011 are:

May 22nd, 2011
June 26th, 2011
July 24th, 2011
August 21st, 2011
September 18th, 2011

We hope to bring you an even better experience this year with lessons learned from the 2010 season. SRTA always strives to be friendly and helpful, encouraging a welcoming atmosphere while maintaining the competitive nature of motorsport.

Please see our redesigned website, http://www.sigmatimeattack.com , for more information.

If you have any questions regarding SRTA, please feel to contact us by:
Phone: 1 416 848 6822
E-mail: info@sigmatimeattack.com

We're so proud of our 2011 promotioanl video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5fzPwxBJt4
Old 04-25-2011, 01:15 PM

Hello Everyone!

SRTA is very excited to announce that we are now officially sponsored by AiM Sports! This means we will roll out with so many lap timers that we will have enough for everybody!!

Last year, we were haunted by having only a limited number of lap timers. As all past participants know, we had to remove and reinstall lap timers all day as each racer exits and re-enters the track. Thanks to AiM Sports, SRTA 2011 will have a better and improved timing system:

1. Every racer will each receive a lap timer to keep for the entire day! This means no more removing/remounting of lap timers. Your receiver will be placed at a location that works for your particular vehicle, and will stay there for the entire day. Your lap times will be measured consistently without ever skipping a lap!

2. SRTA will introduce a completely new timing system, utilizing barcode scanners and improved programming. No more delays at our control booth!

3. More efficient and streamlined process to allow faster live leaderboard displays!

I know there are tons of S2K track junkies out there. Come on out and see where you place on our leaderboard!

Howi
SRTA
Old 09-01-2011, 05:58 PM

I attended the August 21st event. Had a blast. I've been to quite a few different track days, and this one was very professionally run in comparison. It was great seeing your lap times, both in car, and posted on the leader board display. There is another event I'll be attending on September 18. I'd love to see some more S2000's out there. There were 4 last event!

http://www.sigmatimeattack.com/
Old 09-01-2011, 06:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would be in if my car was running ill check out the site when I get home for sure. Roll bars required for us or no?
Old 09-01-2011, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty2H
I attended the August 21st event. Had a blast. I've been to quite a few different track days, and this one was very professionally run in comparison. It was great seeing your lap times, both in car, and posted on the leader board display. There is another event I'll be attending on September 18. I'd love to see some more S2000's out there. There were 4 last event!

I saw you progressively get faster and faster through the day haha. All day I was right behind you in times. I was driving the silver Miata. Although not my car (my buddies), we share the car for track events. We'll be back on Sept. 18th aswell.

This is one of the most organized lapping events I've ever been to. I'd recommend this to all skill levels, you will have a blast.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:29 PM

Damn man, I had no idea. I'll come say hi on the 18th.That miata looked really quick when I was watching it come through the corners nearest the pit wall. Never got a change to drive behind and learn some lines.

Originally Posted by danio
Originally Posted by Scotty2H' timestamp='1314928716' post='20936783

I saw you progressively get faster and faster through the day haha. All day I was right behind you in times. I was driving the silver Miata. Although not my car (my buddies), we share the car for track events. We'll be back on Sept. 18th aswell.

This is one of the most organized lapping events I've ever been to. I'd recommend this to all skill levels, you will have a blast.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:31 AM

90 hp of fury! hahaha

Originally Posted by Scotty2H
Damn man, I had no idea. I'll come say hi on the 18th.That miata looked really quick when I was watching it come through the corners nearest the pit wall. Never got a change to drive behind and learn some lines.

Originally Posted by danio' timestamp='1314935940' post='20937081
[quote name='Scotty2H' timestamp='1314928716' post='20936783']

[/quote]
Old 09-03-2011, 06:08 PM

I am very interested in this event...but as a beginner I wanted to know what type of helmet I need for this event? Would a motorcycle helmet work?
Old 09-03-2011, 06:16 PM

I used a motorcycle helmet. It is DOT and SNELL M2005 approved. They didn't check it at all. There was someone there with a motocross helmet, so you should be fine.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:31 PM

Hey Guys!

I'm so sorry for the late response! I'm having a bit of trouble with subscribing threads in this forum. I like to get email notifications from subscribed threads but can't seem to get it to work here...

Anyways, thank you all so much for your kind words!

We were VERY happy to see more and more S2K's turn out at SRTA. It's definitely one of the most track-worthy chassis. I drive a '93 RX-7 at the moment, but my wife is looking to get an S2K sometime next year. Hopefully, we'll be spending a lot more time with all of you guys here on this board.

We're glad to hear that you've enjoyed our events. We must apologize again for cancelling the OTA in SRTA #4; we've never cancelled an OTA before and we hope that we won't ever have to do it again. We're also looking into further improving our timing system again for the next season, to reduce any inefficiencies or potential for errors.

Have a good one boys! Can't wait to get my own S2K!

Howi
SRTA

Quick Reply: 2011 Sigma Racing Time Attack! 5 Events at Mosport