Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Anyone NOT using a front plate?

Old 10-15-2002, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Up here in Ottawa and being across the bridge from Hull (aka Gatineau) where they have no front plate laws, the cops don't seem to notice at all. I never had a plate on my 300Z, my SC400 or my Pathfinder. I took the plate off my current 240 but it looked like ass with the holes so I replaced it.

You might want to try and build something like what they have in Japan: hinged plate brackets! When the car's in motion the wind pushes the plate out of the way for impeccible looks and also to free up the airflow to the front mount intercooler (!!!). When you're not in motion it swings down again to please the po-po.

JZ
Old 10-15-2002, 03:54 PM

Where do you get the "plate hole thingies???""
Old 10-15-2002, 05:09 PM

When i order the car, i asked them do not take out that plate hole thing, so that i have it since i got the car. Cops seems to thinks my car is out of town or something, that's why...

maybe u can go to the dealer shop to ask for that thing.
Old 10-15-2002, 06:03 PM

Did it on my old car for 5 years with only one warning. Kept the plate under the passenger side floormat.
Old 10-15-2002, 08:33 PM

i always put it iin the trunk, and always have a receipt of any car shop without a date. Show the cops that u r going to put it on tomorrow or later
Old 11-01-2002, 01:53 PM

drove my del sol with a front kit for 6 months no problem. Twice within 3 days got booked. first time cop gave me a slip to go to the station to report it lost/stolen, and then to go to the ministry. Second time i admitted i was pulled over the day before (fearing he had a record on his computer of it). he asked me what would be so important that I had not reported it stolen yet. He was knitpicking at the car looking for an angry response to book me on. Simple solution.....

When you get poped... he'll ask you where the front plate is, respond,"oh! is my rear still on???. I hope it wasn't stolen. he'll hum and haw, but can't give you a ticket if you are unaware of it.

don't BS, and don't say nothing. Plates get stolen all the time, and if you have vanities like me, people like trophies just like hood emblems. those tickets don't hold in court anyway.
Old 11-05-2002, 08:19 AM

Hate to break it to you but you CAN get a ticket even if you are unaware - in fact, you get in more trouble for not doing the recommended "walk around 15-second pre-drive inspection" prior to driving away.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:49 AM

in that case you can get a ticket for bird shit on the windshield: impaired vision, low air in tires : road hazard, smoking in the car:intoxication, and wet shoes: pedal slip hazard.

c'mon lets be realistic... the post was about what COULD happen with no plate. sure they can nail you for almost anything, but most pigs are respectable if spoken to correctly, and those tickets WOULDN'T hold up in court. my buddy is a constable with OPP.
When an officer is commissioned, the chief must ok the leave, and for a petty charge, there is no chance in hell that an officer would be allowed to attend for an infraction less than $200 with no demerit points. He might go if it is on his day off, but do you think that is likely?

just be real with them, no smart talk, be respectful, and they will probably respond accordingly
Old 11-09-2002, 06:53 PM

Well they got me I live in London Ontario and there is only about 4 S2000 here. Driving up Adelaide St an officer made a U turn in the middle of traffic to pull me over for no front plate. My plate was in a dealer plate bag on my dash in plain view. Officer Andrew Cole made the comment he had a pet-pev with guy's with sports cars that don't have front plates. I think this guy is barely 25 and probably a want to be S2000 owner. Well a little pissed off I had it put on and not a week later a Moran trying to parallel park back into my S. And to my lucky stars just broke the license plate cover. I guess it could be like a extension of your bumper. Saved me $$$.$$$ Vin
Old 11-10-2002, 07:03 AM

hey vin...
dealer plates are supposed to be in the back. Hang it out of the trunk... Plates of any kind in the front window, are a sure way to get booked.

Quick Reply: Anyone NOT using a front plate?