Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Ap2 short throw available? Just purchased s2k

Old 05-15-2013, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ap2 short throw available? Just purchased s2k

Hi all, so , I am a proud new owner of an ap2. I picked it up on Sunday. The car is very clean with no problems I know of other than a couple minor fixes.

I believe the shifter shaft or rod whatever you want to call it, the release spring or bushing has gone. When I push down for reverse, the knob does not return, I have to manually pull it up. Go figure, it was fine until yesterday. I had it plated at the ministry, paid my dues, went for a drive and noticed it wasn't returning into the "up" position, locking out reverse, so I had to manually pull it up and "release" it.

I figure this part isn't cheap for Honda oem so I'm thinking I might as well throw a short throw in it. Does anyone know where I can find a used one I know hep or next mod Ivan get one in within a day or two if not in stock, just seeing what's out there.

Also, does anyone know why I wouldn't be able to post in for sale section? New user restrictions? Feedback would be greatly appreciated as I will call. Next mod and jrp tomorrow to see what I'm looking at price wise . Thanks , cheers!
Old 05-15-2013, 10:45 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Only a couple short throw shifters available for the s2000, and neither next mod or jrp would carry them. Look up Moddiction on the forums. http://shop.moddiction.com/Moddictio...hifter-004.htm

My advice is to stick to OEM tho.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oem is so short already
Old 05-16-2013, 04:06 AM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Oem throw with a countersunk shift knob/moddiction.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:58 AM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

You probably just need to re grease your shifter. Or the spring is broken. Cheap diy fix. Search the forum for shifter re grease diy
Old 05-16-2013, 01:06 PM

I've used the Axialflow Shortshifter on both my previous ap1 and my current ap2, much shorter throw and works with a variety of shift knobs, my personal favour being the Moddiction anvil, if you go this route pick up some high temp urea grease from your local Honda dealer and you'll be set to go.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:24 PM

buy a new spring, lube, and get a CR shift knob, would be my recommendation.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:19 PM

Thanks for all of the input guys! I am glad this forum seems to be classy. I had a be before buying my ap2 this week and the forums were full of guys with no advice and nothing good to say.

I will pull on the centre console and see what the issue is, tomorrow after work. Can I fully expose the shaft through the console ? I'm sure there is some sort of mounting plate like I said I just got the car. I'm really hoping you guys say I can go through the console haha
Old 05-16-2013, 04:27 PM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Follow this . https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/772...e-shifter-diy/
Old 05-16-2013, 05:58 PM

Received 3,390 Likes on 2,461 Posts

I was driving my car today and enjoying how smooth my shifter/tranny is shifting lately. I was just admiring how short the shifting is in stock form, I can't imagine needing it any shorter, just a quick flick of the wrist gets me through all gears without any movement of my arm. I'm running a countersunk Moddiction knob Anvil2 design. At 105k kms my tranny feels like it just came from the factory.

Do a shifter re-grease procedure as per the Honda TSB, and check the spring. I couldn't imagine the spring breaking, so it probably just needs a re-grease. It is pretty simple, the trickiest part is getting the white plastic collar ring off the rubber shift boot cover using a small flathead screwdriver through the access slits to release the ring. I've broken the ring tabs once, lol.

Quick Reply: Ap2 short throw available? Just purchased s2k