Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Autoshow 2015

Old 02-16-2015, 06:10 PM

Received 3,387 Likes on 2,458 Posts

I just realized the back end of the Toyota looks even worse than the front, the rear looks like a Coupe Deville brought back to life.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:26 PM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I was at the autoshow on Sunday and only missed driving the S even more afterwards. Nothing really stirred my soul apart from a M3 sedan they had out with the 6 speed and the Cayman/Boxster but unfortunately the Porsches were locked and you couldn't sit in them. They really don't make cars like the S2000 anymore, can't wait for spring.

And I liked the NSX of course, but it hasn't been released yet
Old 02-17-2015, 06:18 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrenalize
I was at the autoshow on Sunday and only missed driving the S even more afterwards. Nothing really stirred my soul apart from a M3 sedan they had out with the 6 speed and the Cayman/Boxster but unfortunately the Porsches were locked and you couldn't sit in them. They really don't make cars like the S2000 anymore, can't wait for spring.

Y'know, I couldn't agree more. Maybe I'm just getting old (actually, I am old), but the new high performance cars make me feel like I'm just a passenger in a super hi-tech vehicle, over which I have little real control.

Now, I'm sure the new NSX or Porsche, or whatever would make my eyes bug out on the track or the street for that matter.

But there's a visceral feeling you get driving an S, with no electronic nannies keeping yer ass safe. And that feeling is worth its weight in gold.

Can you imagine putting your new NSX up on stands for the winter and working on it? Yikes!

Just my 2 cents.

Can't wait for spring!
Old 02-17-2015, 08:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hawkman199
Originally Posted by Adrenalize' timestamp='1424143598' post='23508479

Y'know, I couldn't agree more. Maybe I'm just getting old (actually, I am old), but the new high performance cars make me feel like I'm just a passenger in a super hi-tech vehicle, over which I have little real control.

Now, I'm sure the new NSX or Porsche, or whatever would make my eyes bug out on the track or the street for that matter.

But there's a visceral feeling you get driving an S, with no electronic nannies keeping yer ass safe. And that feeling is worth its weight in gold.

Can you imagine putting your new NSX up on stands for the winter and working on it? Yikes!

Just my 2 cents.

Can't wait for spring!
Cars like the S2000 is like British 80s Metal.
Not the fastest but nevertheless perfection
Old 02-17-2015, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by hawkman199
Originally Posted by Adrenalize' timestamp='1424143598' post='23508479

Just my 2 cents.

Can't wait for spring!
I completely agree. After the show I was asked what my favorite car was, and I couldn't really think of anything. I was thinking I`d rather have my s2000 than most of the cars (in that price bracket new) there, and even the BRZ/FRS, which is supposed to be a drivers car is just disappointing because of the lack of power. Even the NSX, Automatic. I think the most exiting car I saw was the 20,000$ nissan micra cup car for the racing series in quebec.

(start rant)
What the hell is the deal with all the automatic supercars now?
Who gives a flying fark about lap times? If you're in a supercar racing series which wins you money, which you do for a living, cool, laptimes matter, but you buy a car like that to have fun in, and manual is more fun hands down. If you can't drive manual, then you shouldn't even buy a car like that in the first place because chances are you're going to crash it in a week anyways.
As far as I know if a sports car is offered in auto or manual, the manual holds it's value better hands down. People want manual sportscars, so why the hell do they keep making automatic supercars? And double clutch is not an excuse, it's still boring, just a quicker boring (source i drove a GTR and C63AMG)
Porsche has the right idea with the new GT4 coming out only in manual, so why the hell is everyone copying ferrari and dropping manuals? Everyone knows you buy a ferrari for the brand and not because you like driving, so if you're making a "drivers car" why copy a company that would rather sacrifice driving pleasure over sales?
(end rant)
Old 02-17-2015, 12:12 PM

Received 340 Likes on 277 Posts

+1

real cars don't shift themselves.

darcy
Old 02-17-2015, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by A. Dos Santos
Originally Posted by hawkman199' timestamp='1424186299' post='23508941
[quote name='Adrenalize' timestamp='1424143598' post='23508479']

Just my 2 cents.

Can't wait for spring!
I completely agree. After the show I was asked what my favorite car was, and I couldn't really think of anything. I was thinking I`d rather have my s2000 than most of the cars (in that price bracket new) there, and even the BRZ/FRS, which is supposed to be a drivers car is just disappointing because of the lack of power. Even the NSX, Automatic. I think the most exiting car I saw was the 20,000$ nissan micra cup car for the racing series in quebec.

(start rant)
Porsche has the right idea with the new GT4 coming out only in manual, so why the hell is everyone copying ferrari and dropping manuals? Everyone knows you buy a ferrari for the brand and not because you like driving, so if you're making a "drivers car" why copy a company that would rather sacrifice driving pleasure over sales? [/size]
(end rant)
[/quote]

It's because the manufacturers are worried about numbers. Unfortunately numbers matter to them and a few of us here like to see horsepower numbers and 0 to 60 numbers. But the true driver knows that numbers do not add up to the overall passion of driving. I agree with you. But unfortunately in the modern world people want to outdo the next guy, making cars like robots
Old 02-17-2015, 01:26 PM
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by Jinder Virdee
Originally Posted by A. Dos Santos' timestamp='1424206175' post='23509427
[quote name='hawkman199' timestamp='1424186299' post='23508941']

Just my 2 cents.

Can't wait for spring!

(start rant)
Porsche has the right idea with the new GT4 coming out only in manual, so why the hell is everyone copying ferrari and dropping manuals? Everyone knows you buy a ferrari for the brand and not because you like driving, so if you're making a "drivers car" why copy a company that would rather sacrifice driving pleasure over sales? [/size]
(end rant)
[/quote]

It's because the manufacturers are worried about numbers. Unfortunately numbers matter to them and a few of us here like to see horsepower numbers and 0 to 60 numbers. But the true driver knows that numbers do not add up to the overall passion of driving. I agree with you. But unfortunately in the modern world people want to outdo the next guy, making cars like robots
[/quote]
What happened to your old account? or other account?
Old 02-18-2015, 09:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kryptonite
Originally Posted by Jinder Virdee' timestamp='1424207554' post='23509459
[quote name='A. Dos Santos' timestamp='1424206175' post='23509427']
[quote name='hawkman199' timestamp='1424186299' post='23508941']

Just my 2 cents.

Can't wait for spring!

(start rant)
(end rant)
[/quote]

[/quote]
What happened to your old account? or other account?
[/quote]

Haha. I had some email issues - sorted!
Jinder is back
Old 02-22-2015, 02:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SOOOOOOO I went to the auto show today and the NSX wasn't there.... Very disappointed. Asked the guys at Acura and they took it somewhere that I didn't bother pay attention to being pretty infuriated because it wasn't there

Quick Reply: Autoshow 2015