Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Car just stolen from Sq1

Old 06-05-2016, 07:47 PM
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by darcyw
does no one carry a gun anymore?

darcy
Does the gun get stolen with the car too?
Old 06-05-2016, 08:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, sorry to hear and will keep a look out as I'm in the Mississauga area.
Old 06-05-2016, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really sorry to hear, as you know I just recently went through this. PM me if you need any advice re: insurance etc. I got tons of help from friends and the s2k community. We're all in this, lets keep our s2ks safe.

Maybe some of the more technically inclined members could point us in the right direction regarding kill switches. I wouldn't know the first place to go get one, let alone install one. Lets be proactive.
Old 06-06-2016, 04:42 AM

Terrible to hear this, so sorry man. I will for sure keep an eye out.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:05 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Bizarre
This is nuts!

Don't know if this is related but two weeks ago I went out for dinner at the SQ1 Earls with my wife (had my S2K). I was a little sketched out based on all the stories I've read recently, so I parked the car in the underground lot facing the earls. I made sure I could see the car from where we were sitting on the patio. About half way into dinner, I see a Silver AP1 (looked stock) park beside my car and a black Dodge Challenger park parallel behind my car. Two guys got out (one from each car) and they started looking my car over from top to bottom. They were looking through the glass, checking underneath the car, they must of walked around it 6-8 times. By this time there were a few of us standing watching what they were doing (I wasn't really too keen on just running over and confronting them ). By the time the waitress came over to call security they ended up driving away. I'm not sure if they saw us watching them and it scared them away, but I ended up walking over to my car to pretend like I was getting something in it and I noticed the same two cars parked with their lights on (I'm assuming they were in them) in the corner of the parking lot. We finished dinner and by the time we left they were gone. I think it was probably around 10-11pm when it happened.

I couldn't get the plate on the AP1 as it was dark and the way it pulled up the headlights were causing too much glare to notice any details (including plate #). It may have just been a fellow S2k enthusiast but I've never seen someone check out a car like that before unless they wanted to buy it...
Sounds more like scoping out a car rather than checking out a car.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:05 AM

Sorry to hear about this

I think everyone needs to start doing their due diligence and get some increased security on their cars. We will all suffer in the end with increased insurance rates and those directly effected are hit the worst with such an awful experience. If we can show that our cars will not be picked off so easily it may start to decrease the threat they are facing lately.

Maybe its time for some stakeouts!
Old 06-06-2016, 07:11 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bizarre
This is nuts!

Don't know if this is related but two weeks ago I went out for dinner at the SQ1 Earls with my wife (had my S2K). I was a little sketched out based on all the stories I've read recently, so I parked the car in the underground lot facing the earls. I made sure I could see the car from where we were sitting on the patio. About half way into dinner, I see a Silver AP1 (looked stock) park beside my car and a black Dodge Challenger park parallel behind my car. Two guys got out (one from each car) and they started looking my car over from top to bottom. They were looking through the glass, checking underneath the car, they must of walked around it 6-8 times. By this time there were a few of us standing watching what they were doing (I wasn't really too keen on just running over and confronting them ). By the time the waitress came over to call security they ended up driving away. I'm not sure if they saw us watching them and it scared them away, but I ended up walking over to my car to pretend like I was getting something in it and I noticed the same two cars parked with their lights on (I'm assuming they were in them) in the corner of the parking lot. We finished dinner and by the time we left they were gone. I think it was probably around 10-11pm when it happened.

I couldn't get the plate on the AP1 as it was dark and the way it pulled up the headlights were causing too much glare to notice any details (including plate #). It may have just been a fellow S2k enthusiast but I've never seen someone check out a car like that before unless they wanted to buy it...
That's crazy!
Old 06-06-2016, 08:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

SO PSA?

Keep an eye out for a dodge Challenger and a s2k checking out your car?
Old 06-06-2016, 10:56 AM

Sorry to hear OP- I hate hearing of all these incidents lately...I wonder if its the same guys?....keep an eye out on kijiji to see if your cars ends up being parted...we need a bait car with gps tracker.
Old 06-06-2016, 12:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

does your S have Ricks S badges at the back? I feel i may have seen it although it was a quick glance and looked silverstone.

Quick Reply: Car just stolen from Sq1