Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

CASC OTA

Old 11-30-2011, 01:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been trying to figure out the classifications, and I believe my s2000 would be in "Grand Touring 1" or "Super Grand Touring 3". Depending on how much a test pipe or engine tune would bump up the numbers. I actually think my car would be in "Super Grand Touring 3" because of my mods.

fipk intake
70mm test pipe
70mm into dual 60mm exhaust
12 lbs flywheel (does that even matter?)
engine tune

everything else is OEM

edit: I definitely think I would be Super Grand Touring 3. I have 3 PIPs and that's it, which isnt too bad. Chris I think you are gonna have like 12
Old 11-30-2011, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FluKy15
I have been trying to figure out the classifications, and I believe my s2000 would be in "Grand Touring 1" or "Super Grand Touring 3". Depending on how much a test pipe or engine tune would bump up the numbers. I actually think my car would be in "Super Grand Touring 3" because of my mods.

fipk intake
70mm test pipe
engine tune

everything else is OEM

edit: I definitely think I would be Super Grand Touring 3. I have 3 PIPs and that's it, which isnt too bad. Chris I think you are gonna have like 12

test pipe is 1 pip, after cat is free, light flywheel is 1 pip (very last item on the pip schedule) cold air intakes are free, throttle body back has pips, tune has pip[s

When classing make sure you select the correct tire you will run. -5 pips for treaded r-comps ie888, nitto 01, -10 pips for street tires.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by racecartech
Originally Posted by FluKy15' timestamp='1322692826' post='21199116

fipk intake
70mm test pipe
engine tune

everything else is OEM

test pipe is 1 pip, after cat is free, light flywheel is 1 pip (very last item on the pip schedule) cold air intakes are free, throttle body back has pips, tune has pip[s

When classing make sure you select the correct tire you will run. -5 pips for treaded r-comps ie888, nitto 01, -10 pips for street tires.
Ok so -10 for the dunlop starspecs then . The tune I added into my PIP's so that is how I got 3. But I forgot to add the flywheel so it's actually 4. Minus the tires though, I would actually be at -6 PIP's, so I would be Grand Touring 1 is my guess.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:39 PM

http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=21811 This is a FAQ thread on CASC OTA. It also contains links to needed info.

Also Dec Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wu1VJtxie4
Old 11-30-2011, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by racecartech' timestamp='1322695173' post='21199263
[quote name='FluKy15' timestamp='1322692826' post='21199116']

fipk intake
70mm test pipe
engine tune

everything else is OEM

Ok so -10 for the dunlop starspecs then . The tune I added into my PIP's so that is how I got 3. But I forgot to add the flywheel so it's actually 4. Minus the tires though, I would actually be at -6 PIP's, so I would be Grand Touring 1 is my guess.
[/quote]

I just ran an s2k (couldn't remeber what year yours is) 2004/5 I also took the -1 for the roll bar which you need to have.
Final pip score 71.4 GT2. The top of GT2 is 74.9, so you have available pips.

I added a header and non-stock alignment it brought the car up to 74.4. This is closer to optimized.
This also gives you a better idea of how the system works
Old 11-30-2011, 03:04 PM

http://www.macrocosm.on.ca/ccdb/BaseCarList.aspx

Found this. I just selected "any" and changed the classes, to see which vehicle is good for which class. I wish roll bar wasnt needed, getting a rollbar on 06+ is a PITA
Old 11-30-2011, 03:24 PM

Please use the CCDB on the CASC website. The one you linked there is from ours but has been modified.

As far as roll bar goes, we hope you never need it either. We also hope you never need your insurance. They are however required.

i believe the Hard Dog bar has the best fitment for bolt in units. Make sure you get the diagonal bar and harness bar add ins
Old 11-30-2011, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by racecartech
The proposed dates are July 28/9. OTA is still awaiting conformation from Mosport.

This will be the GP track for both days.

Squeeky Clean, Welcome. Last year the show and shine crew was out for lunch time lapping. No passing and just highway speeds, but a great way to see the GP track.

Yes I know, I was the one organizing the show shine. It was our final TASR event.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Killin9's
where is this going to be located.. or is that still to be determined?
Squeaky Clean will be held at mosport, similar idea to TASR, just no more TASR
Old 12-01-2011, 08:50 AM

http://www.macrocosm...aseCarList.aspx

Found this. I just selected "any" and changed the classes, to see which vehicle is good for which class. I wish roll bar wasnt needed, getting a rollbar on 06+ is a PITA

fluky are you worried about losing your head rest speakers ?
Other than that, it shouldn't be any different... It's just a bunch of plastic shit you need to remove.

Scott - no idea why the FPR was installed... bought the car with it in there and never realized until someone pointed it out to me. There are also some red anodized looking pulleys.

Quick Reply: CASC OTA