Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

CR value in Canada

Old 11-12-2015, 12:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hfreak
I agree about not being able to drive it, it was built to be driven and really second guessing why I want one. I have only put about 9K on my current AP1 in the last two seasons and I drive it most weekends but I bought it with just over 100K so I am not worried about that milestone.

Maybe I will just follow the path of the wise, buy a nice AP2 and set it up the way I like. Better yet, buy it setup and save some $$$.

H
That was my thinking - I've heard great things about the CR but in the end, the base car was soooo good that the little bit extra the CR gets you isnt worth that much more.

I love my AP2. Wouldn't sell my house before getting rid of her.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:54 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by FluKy15
In 5 and a half years I put 67,000 on my car, I don't think I drove it enough still. Those were some hard miles I put on that car too

Averages out to just over 12,000 per year I think. Mostly because of dragon trips.
Not as hard as the next owner.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:57 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LemonJus
Originally Posted by myflys2k' timestamp='1447350883' post='23801820
6000km a year is nothing. You need to drive your car more.
I agree - driving to Halifax next year from TO to hit up Cabot Trail. That'll be fun.

I travel quite a bit for work so I don't get to use the car as much as I'd like but I changed positions so hopefully next year will involve more driving!
If you want to take your wife on a nice drive, the Cabot Trail is okey, But if you want to DRIVE your car, head south to the Mountains.
Old 11-12-2015, 03:59 PM
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by zenairdave
Originally Posted by FluKy15' timestamp='1447351524' post='23801837
In 5 and a half years I put 67,000 on my car, I don't think I drove it enough still. Those were some hard miles I put on that car too

Averages out to just over 12,000 per year I think. Mostly because of dragon trips.
Not as hard as the next owner.
shots fired
Old 11-12-2015, 04:00 PM
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by zenairdave
Originally Posted by LemonJus' timestamp='1447352583' post='23801860
[quote name='myflys2k' timestamp='1447350883' post='23801820']6000km a year is nothing. You need to drive your car more.
I agree - driving to Halifax next year from TO to hit up Cabot Trail. That'll be fun.

I travel quite a bit for work so I don't get to use the car as much as I'd like but I changed positions so hopefully next year will involve more driving!
If you want to take your wife on a nice drive, the Cabot Trail is okey, But if you want to DRIVE your car, head south to the Mountains.
[/quote]

Ehem...https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/113...il-22-24-2016/
Old 11-12-2015, 06:15 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by myflys2k
I don't know what the hype is all about. Great car but IMO not worth the premium they demand. Few mods will make an 06+ handle as good if not better. Good luck in your search.

Ditto, I wanted to say this but did not want to offend any CR owners LOL The CR is not the big jump from the base model as compared to the ITR from the Integra line.
Old 11-13-2015, 03:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LemonJus
Originally Posted by Hfreak' timestamp='1447362523' post='23802052
I agree about not being able to drive it, it was built to be driven and really second guessing why I want one. I have only put about 9K on my current AP1 in the last two seasons and I drive it most weekends but I bought it with just over 100K so I am not worried about that milestone.

Maybe I will just follow the path of the wise, buy a nice AP2 and set it up the way I like. Better yet, buy it setup and save some $$$.

H
Oh god, deja vu for me... Houses, I hate houses.
Old 11-13-2015, 04:57 AM

Received 340 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by FluKy15
Originally Posted by LemonJus' timestamp='1447364275' post='23802078
[quote name='Hfreak' timestamp='1447362523' post='23802052']

H
[/quote]

you could always live on the street.

darcy
Old 11-13-2015, 06:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by darcyw
Originally Posted by FluKy15' timestamp='1447417583' post='23802462
[quote name='LemonJus' timestamp='1447364275' post='23802078']
[quote name='Hfreak' timestamp='1447362523' post='23802052']

H
[/quote]

you could always live on the street.

darcy
[/quote]
Or in my car! That has always been my dream yes.
Old 11-14-2015, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OMG you guys are so off on so many things, let me say a few things.

As far as there being an orange CR, thats either a repaint or imposter, no orange CR's were produced.

It is not likely you will find a decent CR for ~$30k CDN. The value for the CR's is only increasing so the asking price on the market now is likely cheaper than it will become. To put something in perspective, if you can find a low mileage CR for $40K i would jump on it. Base S2K's were $60K brand new, my CR brand new cost me $45K CDN (including import taxes/fees, currency conversion, shipping, etc) and thats when we were closer to par. Yes you may be getting an aged car but these cars are built very well.

otherwise it's just an s2000 with some subtle aero and differently upholstered interior
Ummm, thats putting it lightly. Hardtop, tonneau cover, front lip, wing, different colour rims (not to mention these are the most common aero mods, not much else is usually changed externally), stiffer suspension, added support bars, stiched steering wheel, shift boot, door panels, seats, and(delete option), and i may be missing a few other things off top of my head.

The yellow accents don't really blend well with any other colours besides black and yellow cars
I disagree, the "yellow" is more of a goldish colour and that goes excellent with a pearl white, blue and gold are also a sharp contrast.

CR is just a show car. Drive it the way it was meant to be driven, and it will lose its value. Gain a lot of fun, but it's an expensive fun car.
I disagree, you are correct that driving the car will diminish its value, but not as much as a base S2K b/c the CR will still remain rare in production. And the whole point of the CR was so that you did not have to modify the car to get a more race feel and take it to the track and be better suited than a stock S2K. Of course depending on your mod preferences you may still wish to make changes, like myself.

OP, I will say this, if you plan on doing a lot of modifications it would be better to get a stock S2K. One of the biggest decisions you need to make is whether you will be comfortable not having a softtop. The impracticality of not having a soft top really takes away from the pleasure of it being a convertible.

Also would like to say that like many typical S2K owners we all feel as though the car is missing some power and that is the obvious area to "add" something, but like many aftermarket performance mods, its not easy to improve on the factory power output since it was so refined from the factory, hence why they likely did not add any performance changes.

Quick Reply: CR value in Canada