Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Damn.....

Old 05-09-2005, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn.....

This is CRAZY
Old 05-09-2005, 06:22 PM

i'm sure this will allow you to smoke through ALL the corners around the track.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:27 PM

Why havent you done this yet? WHY?
Old 05-09-2005, 06:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not crazy.. its da shizzle.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:11 AM

it should come stock like that !!! Wish that was available at the mini test drive
Old 05-10-2005, 05:45 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ron, how was that mini test drive thing?

We couldn't make it on saturday.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:26 AM

I have no idea how they are going to get all the power to the ground...no idea but man thats impressive out of a little tiny engine.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Jasonoff,May 10 2005, 09:45 AM
Ron, how was that mini test drive thing?

We couldn't make it on saturday.
It was pretty good. Probably could have squeezed 4-5 (2 lap) runs if you really wanted to.

Julie and I chose to ride together and we were slow to jump from car to car so we only took 3 runs total. Drove the "S" (cooper) on the first session and it is definately a great handling little car. Power is good but not exceptional, the Works package would be a must have IMO. I didnt run it very hard since it was the first time around.

Julie then drove and auto non "S" convertible. There was a section where you accelerate from a stop and mash the brakes to feel the ABS. I had to ask her 3 times to floor it to get the car up to speed.... except she WAS flooring it !!! Never been in anything that slow in my life.

My last run was in a Classic 5speed... This time I got the tires singing throughout the course and it was definately fun. The suspension is pretty soft and it's pretty easy to induce a little oversteer in it around the twisties. This car also has virtually no power. Julie's 4 cyl, auto, giagantic Altima has more pickup than the standard.

All in all, very good event and highly recomended. I'd consider the Cooper "S" as a second/winter car.. but it's still a little short on space if you had to haul around a baby and all their gear. (Not an immediate requirement, but maybe in the next few years) --- Guess I'd just have to get an NSX like Dave.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:11 AM

Actually the JCW isn't all that it could (or should be) for the price. Yes the head work is nice but again it can be done cheaper.

The pulley which can be replaced for a couple hundred bucks, you can go 15, 16, 17, 19 % reduction (19 not good for the track). I went with a 15% Alta..cost me $109 USD, $100 for install.

You can get comparable intakes and better exhausts for 1/4 the price.

The real kicker is the software. The guy who does all the Hartge tuning for BMW's in Germany has a solo company. You buy an ODBII cable (which I have) and paypal him 60Euro and you download the software. You hook it up to the car, download your ECU info, send it to him. Send him the mods you have, plug changes, intakes, pulley, anything...the gas octane you can use etc. Even if you want the stability to come on at a different place, higher rev limit etc. He'll do all that fully custom for 60 euro for the life of the car. No additional costs other than waiting for him to do the changes. I've waited 2 days and sometimes 30 mins.

The pulley and software is the biggest bang for the buck, and can all be done for a few hundred bucks.

200+ is not an issue
Old 05-10-2005, 07:44 AM
Former Moderator

So how long before the Mini becomes a monster like in the video???

Quick Reply: Damn.....