Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Exhaust

Old 11-15-2017, 04:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust

MOD, I am not sure I post it on the correct section or not. I apologize if I did it wrong and please delete the post.

I have an used HKS Dual Exhaust came with a low mileage AP1 that I purchased the vehicle earlier of this year. The sound of the exhaust is great but seems too loud to me maybe due to my age. I am planning to purchase a Tanabe Medalion Touring Exhaust to replace my HKS which I heard they are quieter (thanks for the info from Haga888 and Yellow&DK) or something that is quieter, like Fujitsubo. Please kindly let me know if anyone would be interested to swap their Tanabe to HKS (maybe +cash) or will be interested to purchase the HKS from me.

The vehicle is in the storage now and the swap or purchase can be done in the coming Spring. I'm located in Richmond Hill/Markham area

Condition: I didn’t see any dent and crack on the exhaust while I was changing the diff and transmission oil.

I don’t know how long the exhaust was on the car but the previous Owner owned the vehicle around 14 years but only put less than 20K on the vehicle and never seen rain/snow.

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-15-2017, 11:17 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There's a FS page if you look near the top in the Southern Ontario subforum. However you need to purchase a membership to post in any FS pages.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a Megan test pipe I'd trade someone for a case of grolsh tall boys.
Old 11-15-2017, 03:19 PM
Community Organizer

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

And here I thought that the HKS was a conservative exhaust like the Tanabe and Fujitsubo? You may want to revert back to an OEM exhaust, it is quiet and high flow like Honda designed it. Looks great too!

Might be interested if you are looking to sell.

Last edited by Hfreak; 11-15-2017 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Sales pitch added!!!
Old 11-16-2017, 04:41 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Go with a stock system with a well done UK mod.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by Hfreak
And here I thought that the HKS was a conservative exhaust like the Tanabe and Fujitsubo? You may want to revert back to an OEM exhaust, it is quiet and high flow like Honda designed it. Looks great too!
Might be interested if you are looking to sell.
Thanks for your information. From what I heard, HKS is louder than the other 2, Tanabe and Fujitsubo are quieter which confirmed by the 2 forum members that they have currently owned and also one of them owned a HKS previously. To be honest, HKS sounds nice, it's just a bit too loud for my taste. Also, I heard the sound clip on the web which seems they are true.

Yes, I will be interested to sell it in Spring as now the car is stored; if you can wait?! Of course, under a perfect world, the best will be a direct swap+cash with someone has a Tanabe/Fujitsubo.

Originally Posted by 6013641
I have a Megan test pipe I'd trade someone for a case of grolsh tall boys.
Appreciate your offer, but sorry, I am not interested to trade for test pipe

Originally Posted by ATNCHN
There's a FS page if you look near the top in the Southern Ontario subforum. However you need to purchase a membership to post in any FS pages.
Sorry, I'm not even notice there's a FS section in Southern Ontario thread. Thanks for the information.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by hawkman199
Go with a stock system with a well done UK mod.
I did think about that before but I heard that they are sensitive with the size of piping to use that which leads to a difference sound. I heard a lot of clips, they are all different sounds and don't know which one will the one turns out on my car; that's why I am a bit hesitate to go with this route. Plus, the car didn't come with the OEM exhaust which brings me to purchase an used AP1 OEM exhaust + mod then the price may come up to around 60% of the price of a new Tanabe.
But still, I do appreciate your suggestion!
Old 11-16-2017, 05:14 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a used AP2 with UK mod done if interested... match it with a 63mm HFC and it'll sound great.

Old 11-16-2017, 10:16 AM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Take the advise from someone who purchased multiple exhausts over the years. Best sounding exhaust that’s quiet when cruising is the uk mod hands down. Price is right as well.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by d1000rr
I have a used AP2 with UK mod done if interested... match it with a 63mm HFC and it'll sound great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTlveP9rnrU
Thanks for the clip! I saw some posts says the AP2 exhaust will stick further out on the AP1, do you know if that's true?

Originally Posted by myflys2k
Take the advise from someone who purchased multiple exhausts over the years. Best sounding exhaust that’s quiet when cruising is the uk mod hands down. Price is right as well.
Yes, I do trust and appreciate the inputs from all the knowledgeable forum members here. I will take a look further of the UK mod on the AP1 as well. Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Exhaust