Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

France vs. Italy or Grand Prix of Toronto

Old 07-10-2006, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think Grosso played really well also - he and Zambrotta made some great runs (and scores) from their full back positions....
Old 07-10-2006, 02:13 PM

Ya, Zambrotta's a speady little SOB!

I really wanted a Germany/England final

Maybe at Euro...
Old 07-10-2006, 03:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I deserved to win...plain and simple....they were tbe better (best?) team.

F threw everything at them and I turned them back with their tails between their legs....

to I

good champions.....good result.

zidane's an idiot.....
Old 07-11-2006, 07:05 AM

Thought you found soccer boring
Old 07-11-2006, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by toosteeley,Jul 10 2006, 03:00 PM
It takes a lot of balls to make a shot like that in the World Cup final!
no... it only takes one
Old 07-11-2006, 07:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by toosteeley,Jul 11 2006, 11:05 AM
Thought you found soccer boring
in general, yes.
Old 07-15-2006, 02:18 PM

Juventus has been demoted to Serie B for their involvement in Italy's match-fixing scandal and the Turin club has been stripped of their last two Serie A Championship titles.

Lazio Rome and Fiorentina have also been relegated to Serie B for their involvement in Italy's match-fixing scandal - but while AC Milan will remain in Serie A - they will lose 15 points before the start of the new season and will be banned from playing in the 2006-07 Champions League .

Juventus has had 30 points deducted from their total for next season - which makes it almost certain they will not win immediate promotion to Serie A - while Lazio has been penalised seven points and Fiorentina has been handed a 12 point penalty.

The four clubs have three days to appeal to the Federal Court.

# The twenty clubs that will play in Serie A next season if the sentence is upheld on appeal:
AC Milan (-15 points), Ascoli, Atalanta, Cagliari, Catania, Chievo Verona, Empoli, Inter Milan, Lecce, Livorno, Messina, Palermo, Parma, Reggina, AS Roma, Sampdoria, Siena, Torino, Treviso, Udinese.

# Inter Milan, AS Roma, Chievo Verona and Palermo, who finished third, fifth and seventh and eighth in Serie A last season are expected to be the teams representing Italy in next season's Champions League.

It's a shame but this cannot be swept under the rug.

With 30 points deducted to start I don't know how Juve will make it back to the first division at the end of next season..... and I wonder where a lot of their players will end up.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cthree,Jul 7 2006, 12:27 PM
I hope it's France because the thought of a bunch Italians hanging out their car windows waving a flag, honking their horns and screaming woowoo aren't we great till 3AM sucks. If France wins I'll probably get more sleep.

My prediction is that we'll see 22 tiny guys running around back and forth for 98 minutes with nothing happening interrupted by guys rolling around holding their knees, being carried off the field the field on a stretcher only to be let off on the sidelines so they can run out and rejoin running around. The whole thing will be decided by a penalty kick in 74th minute.

No doubt it will be "awesome" and the best game evar but if I fall asleep before the end of the first half don't wake me.
I think I called it pretty well except for dragging it out for 30 more minutes unnecessarily. 105 minutes you'll never get back.
Old 07-16-2006, 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by rioja,Jul 15 2006, 05:18 PM
Juventus has been demoted to Serie B for their involvement in Italy's match-fixing scandal and the Turin club has been stripped of their last two Serie A Championship titles.

Lazio Rome and Fiorentina have also been relegated to Serie B for their involvement in Italy's match-fixing scandal - but while AC Milan will remain in Serie A - they will lose 15 points before the start of the new season and will be banned from playing in the 2006-07 Champions League .

Juventus has had 30 points deducted from their total for next season - which makes it almost certain they will not win immediate promotion to Serie A - while Lazio has been penalised seven points and Fiorentina has been handed a 12 point penalty.

The four clubs have three days to appeal to the Federal Court.

# The twenty clubs that will play in Serie A next season if the sentence is upheld on appeal:
AC Milan (-15 points), Ascoli, Atalanta, Cagliari, Catania, Chievo Verona, Empoli, Inter Milan, Lecce, Livorno, Messina, Palermo, Parma, Reggina, AS Roma, Sampdoria, Siena, Torino, Treviso, Udinese.

# Inter Milan, AS Roma, Chievo Verona and Palermo, who finished third, fifth and seventh and eighth in Serie A last season are expected to be the teams representing Italy in next season's Champions League.

It's a shame but this cannot be swept under the rug.

With 30 points deducted to start I don't know how Juve will make it back to the first division at the end of next season..... and I wonder where a lot of their players will end up.
I bet most have clauses in their contracts that give them an out if the team ends up in lower leagues....

Good thing I am an AC Milan fan!