Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Gas Station Rage

Old 06-22-2005, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas Station Rage

On my way out to meet some friends this evening, thought I'd get some gas first as I had zero bars left on my gas gauge.

As luck would have it, the Shell at Bayview + Sheppard was at a "cheapie" 75.5 - I anticipated a line-up but I was in no position to procrastinate further for gas so I had to pull in no matter what (and no way in hell would I want to fill up @ 90 cents (i.e. $1 / L) tomorrow morning).

Got in through the Sheppard side entrance (not many cars go in from there, they mostly come from the Bayview side as it's just off the highway) so as luck would have it, I only had to wait for one car in front of me.

Since it was a nice night, I had my top down and as I pulled in, I hear 2 arguments going on simultaneously at 2 different pumps.

To my left, several women were arguing because one of them had her car pulled in to the pump from where I came in and so she was facing the "wrong" way and thus avoiding having to line up like those coming in from the other (Bayview) side. Instead of letting her slide, the others that were "lining up" refused to let her fill up and threatens her (verbally) to move her damn car.

To my right, two > 60 yr.old dudes (one asian, one white) were having a yelling match as to who tapped who's bumper (both cars noses pointing at each other) and both refused to move their cars to settle this privately forcing the other poor 8 to 10 cars to wait and honk in fury.

As the women in front of me in the TL finished up and tried to help in on the argument, I politely asked one of them if they can move their car while the other paid so I can get gas and not cause a bigger line up behind me. One of them told me (1/2 jokingly) that I may have to argue w/ those next to me b4 I get to the pump - but she was nice enough to move her ride and complimented me on my car so I can slide in to get gas.

As I was filling up, Mannn pulls in out of sheer coincidence (and as luck would have it - he only had to wait for me to finish up).

So we made some small talk just so it takes my attention away from these heated debates while I filled up. As I finished the women's arguments got more heated and the "offending" car has yet to get gas, the old dudes' argument got more heated and resulted in a tiny asian woman trying helplessly to pull her angry husband away from the older white dude. I swear a fist fight (or a heart attack of sorts) was gonna break out soon.

Alas, it was my cue to exit.

Damn I just wanted to get some gas - didn't need all that drama to go w/ it!

---------
Coles' notes version: cheap gas, needed some, lucked out on line up, saw 2 fights going on at once got the hell out of there, met up w/ Mannn.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:05 PM

part 2 of the story continues...

there was an idiot on the left.. not wanting to move an inch since he is afraid that he will lose the spot.. apparently him and another woman were waiting on both side for one pump and they both jamed each other from getting to the pump... funny thing is... even after i got my car filled up the woman was telling him "get moving.. i don't even want the gas.. you can have the pump"... the guy just sits there... oh.. and the agurement with those two old dudes were still going on when i left... of course.. everyone behind them were honking their horn... so it was pretty heated...

it's amazing what 10 cents can do to ppl... gotta love this country
Old 06-23-2005, 04:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stories like that all the time in ssauga
Old 06-23-2005, 05:07 AM

75.5? Damn that's CHEAP!
Old 06-23-2005, 05:09 AM

I guess the additional 5 bucks (give or take) is enough to buy an hour's worth of time for these people.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:23 AM

Yep, it was complete chaos at the gas station near my house at midnight because they were selling at 79 cents/L. I drove to the other gas station one block away (literally takes 30 seconds to drive), and they were selling at 78.5 and the place was completely deserted. People are idiots.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:27 AM

for one or two cents, i'll pay the premium but as w/ last nite, i had no gas left so i dived into the first gas station i saw.

mental note: start hunting for gas stations early.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by kwanjai,Jun 23 2005, 09:09 AM
I guess the additional 5 bucks (give or take) is enough to buy an hour's worth of time for these people.
That always kills me. Some people will go out of their way and waste their savings JUST to fill up. Idiots i tell you... idiots.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:31 AM

haha idiots.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Jasonoff,Jun 23 2005, 10:29 AM
That always kills me. Some people will go out of their way and waste their savings JUST to fill up. Idiots i tell you... idiots.
^ especially those that fill up until the gas spills out of their cars!

i swear people have a tendency to do that when gas is "cheap"

Quick Reply: Gas Station Rage