Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Goodbye Sunfire, hello....

Old 12-13-2002, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 12-13-2002, 04:19 PM
Former Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

oh.... nice choice. HEHE.. Wanna race my P5?

I would give you a head start. It is a Honda afterall, but they spoiled this particular design in my opinion. This is why I did buy the Mazda. Good luck!
Old 12-13-2002, 05:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Marco, congrats!

Bring me up to speed. Denise got the Jeep Liberty? You are getting rid of the Sunfire for a new Si? I was thinking you were getting rid of the Sunfire and going to take over Denise's old Civic. I'm so confused.....

And yes, I'm afraid to ask, but I will go where no Spa Man should have to go - did you get black?
Old 12-13-2002, 05:37 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice! Congrats! The Civic Si is a schweeeet ride, IMO. For awhile, I was considering an Si as a 2nd car. A few light mods and they look absolutely awesome.

There's an Si here in town and I think the owner added 18" racing rims, lowered it just a tad and added some other goodies. Not rice, just nice. It steals my eyes everytime I see it. We both just look at each other and nod.

Again man, congrats!
Old 12-13-2002, 07:28 PM
Former Moderator

you guys got a Liberty? the old civic is still new...

I'm so confused
Old 12-14-2002, 06:00 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HondaGal
[B]oh....
Old 12-14-2002, 06:12 AM

HHH, Mike

Actually we have 2 new cars...let me explain.

We were originally going to get a SUV type in place of the sunfire because Denise wanted an larger car for her horse stuff. So I get a really good deal on Fords/Mazdas/Rovers through work, Denise gets a good deal on Chrysler/Jeeps. So the hunt began and we decided we liked the Libery best.

Now you think...well how did you end up with a Honda??? Well, I dragged Denise into the Honda dealership kicking and screaming because she really liked the Liberty and did not like the CRV. I said, just try it...well she loved it!!! She quickly forgot about the Liberty and went for the CRV. Liberty is not bad, it was quite good, but she is not going to be doing any serious off roading and the CRV was more car like, rather than a big tank.

So we also have a new CRV-EX (still waiting for it, should be here in the next week or 2).

Huh...how does the SiR fit in you ask, Well we explained to the dealership our situation, Honda you take both the piece of crap (aka the sunfire) and the existing civic (because I don't like the seats and my head hits the roof) and match the pricing we can get through our work pricing and voila....2 new cars .

SiR is silver. Denise is still trying to choose between black and silver for the CRV. I told her to go for silver because she is not the car care type and I will only take car of the S....the other 2 are mules.
Old 12-14-2002, 06:18 AM

Airgate, I really like the car too. Stock the performance is quite good, I was actually really surprised with it. I also like the shifter, I can actually touch it with my hand still on the steering wheel, so it is much closer than the regular location. The throw is still nowhere near as short as the S though .
Old 12-14-2002, 07:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats to Denise and Marco, a three Honda family!
Great job working the dealer!

I can't wait to see them/it come 2/21 > 2/22/03!

I have not driven the Si, but I did spend some time sitting in one at the dealership. The material the front seats are made out of is incredible. It almost feels like a thick suede but yet it is a cloth. Looks good, feels great and I'm sure is durable. And that shifter, as unusual as it looks, I have to admit, when my hand came off the wheel the shifter was right there! This is also the same style shifter they are going with in the Element.

Marco I do see one problem though - the Si is a whole lot nicer than the Sunfire. Now the little black brat has stiffer competition when it comes to getting your attention.
Old 12-14-2002, 01:06 PM

Doug, you can try my SiR (that is what it is called here in Great White North ) when you come up. I think you will like it .

The seats are pretty good in it. They are actually slightly different than the pic. You'll see when you come up.

Quick Reply: Goodbye Sunfire, hello....