Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

HADA Solo 2 series event #1 this weekend

Old 05-19-2005, 07:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HADA Solo 2 series event #1 this weekend

Don't forget this Sunday, May 22 is HADA's first Solo 2 Event of the season at the Brampton Centre for Sports & Entertainment

Cost of the event is $30, including lunch

All information and registration forms are available at Take it Off the Streets

This is the day before PITL's Pro-Solo, come out and warm-up and get a leg up on your competition!

Miss the open house?

Don't worry, you can still series register at our first event on Sunday and if you prepay for all 5 events you'll still get your Alignment Coupon from Wheel & Tire Zone and we'll waive the Series Registration Fee.

Future event dates are:
May 22
June 12
September 3
September 17
October 8

Marco, could you add this these dates to the autocross sticky? Thanks!
Old 05-19-2005, 07:26 AM

Done...

- I wish I would have known about this earlier...I have 6 yds of soil being delivered on Sunday...

I should be at the pro-slolam.....
Old 05-19-2005, 07:33 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's the HADA one like? Is it similar to PITL... tight and a sea of cones?
Old 05-19-2005, 07:39 AM

Sorry, the dates were confirmed a bit late, but I should have posted the info earlier this week. Dman the world!

I should be making it to the Pro Solo too, depending on how burnt out I get. I work all night Friday, then if I get brakes I might go to Beaverun (if they let me) for Saturday, then Sunday is the HADA event, and top it all off with the Pro Solo. Hehe.

The courses are pretty much par for the course for events at the Brampton Centre. The designers try as hard as possible to make the layouts as fast and flowing as possible. It is a bit hard because the Brampton Centre isn't a HUGE lot. It's like a 2/3 scale Molson Centre lot. Most of the people in the club who have had input into the course designs aren't the biggest fans of PITTL's events to say the least. Hehe.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:54 AM
Banned

I think I'll probalby just stick to TW and Corvette events.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:04 AM

Pshh..Baby.

FYI, I won the PITL Series overall in 2003 with a Stock S2000. Got FTD twice that year.

BTW, I wasn't at the first PITL, so I can't comment on the layout. Though judging from those I heard complain.. it was tight. Rest assured it won't happen again.

They probably let Steve design it, and while he's a great driver, he makes the worst courses. Sorry Steve, I still love ya.

Brampton centre has only outlaying curbing. Meaning no islands. It, of course, has light standards like Comp and basically any lot, but we always design away from them.

So if your concern is curbing, the BCSE lot is better.

Not sure where Mayo gets the opinion that those running the HADA event dislike the PITL event courses. Most of those guys run the PITL series too.

There's a couple guys, who don't even AutoX who don't like the PITL ones and help out.. but.. they're not even AutoXers... so their opinion in this matter really doesn't count.

Matrix: SOIL?! Bah... what kind of Car Guy are you? Let the wife stick around the house for the soil.

Good to hear you're coming out for the ProSolo. Is this your first or did you do the one last year too? (My head is buried in the laptop at those events, I get like zero socializing done at them).
Old 05-19-2005, 08:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by taylor,May 19 2005, 12:04 PM
Pshh..Baby.
Yup
Old 05-19-2005, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by taylor,May 19 2005, 08:04 AM
Not sure where Mayo gets the opinion that those running the HADA event dislike the PITL event courses. Most of those guys run the PITL series too.
<sigh> It's HOTmayo, Tay! Jeez louize!

Maybe I'm a bit out of the loop as far as Solo 2 is concerned since I haven't really run too much for the past couple years. When the original concept for the Solo 2 series was developed, it was for the courses to be as fast and flowing as possible, and not be a memory test. I took that as being the anti-PITTL. I figured that meant they didn't like PITTL courses. Maybe it was just to differentiate themselves.

Hrm. Maybe it was the non-autocrossers who making most of the noise. I think there were only two BOD memebers who did Solo 2 at the time, and one of them did PITTL.

...and Jay... It'll be ARESOME!

and George, quit editing your post!
Old 05-19-2005, 08:44 AM

I think the PITL and Corvette club Autox's are different because they cater to their major supporters. I think that PITL evolved from the mazda club so tighter courses take much of the HP advantage out and favour the miatas. Corvettes, longer wheelbase, high HP, get longer straighter courses to ephasize their strengths.

I don't know if there is any model affiliation with the twin lakes events and that may be why their layouts seem to be somewhere in the middle.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:35 AM

Heh. Totally. I don't know if the BMW club still does events, but they used to have two classes. One for BMWs and one for other cars. That way it was impossible for a BMW to lose!

Quick Reply: HADA Solo 2 series event #1 this weekend