Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Hey Wantone, Thanks to Rich, I've been Amused !

Old 05-11-2004, 07:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hey Wantone, Thanks to Rich, I've been Amused !

As the title says, I have attained the "Power House Amuse Dual Titatium R1 exhaust"

thanks to Rich's (Xplosiv) contact Brandon at Gruppe-S.com

I had it installed at Defcon-Racing last night.

Kudos to Dave and the boys. Great work. Great advice.

Of course like a kid in a candy store, I spent the greater part of my commute shifting, rev'ng it.. and more downshifting, rev it.. exciting to say the least.

It has that deep enough growl upon start up. I found you really don't notice the distinct Amuse sound from rev'ng it in neutral at a standstill. You really hear it from driveby's and when at WOT
Going up the powerband and throttle response is so much smoother to my surprise. Great workmanship I guess. I am really enjoying the NO 3-4k drone which characterized the invidia. I find it loud enough at the right vtec increments. I noticed Heel n'toe 'ng requires less of a "blip" of the right heel. As well, no more fussing with silencers and lets not forget the weight. Wow ! That was something taking it out of the box. Damn that thing is light!

Overall, I couldn't be happier with my purchase. A much nicer sound to my daily commute.

BTW Rich, to keep the Ti tips clean, please use soap and water only. Tonight, I used z6 and a towel tonite which worked fine as well. Wantone does not recommend polish or chrome cleaner/polish as is discolours the Ti.

For those with sharp eyes, you will see a discrepancy of the height from left canister to the right. That is due to the lack of my rubber hangers as they were removed when my invidia was installed. Defcon had to work some magic last night and made me "teenie weenie" plastic hangers in the meantime. Back to defcon I go to get it done right when the hangers arrive.

Thanks to Xplosiv, Jerry, Brandon @ Gruppe-s.com, wantone, s2kRob, white03_s2k, Decepticon, and defcon-racing for their help.

I share my excitement with the likes of wantone <http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...highlight=amuse>
Old 05-11-2004, 08:26 PM

Welcome to the club
Old 05-11-2004, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FnF 'sauga lives on!!!!

simon you've got a thing for exhausts, first N1, then nvidia, now amuse...man that's a lotta $$$$!
Old 05-11-2004, 09:04 PM
Fob

Great purchase Simon, I'm sure you'll enjoy it...

But is it the camera angle or me...the exhaust is sitting a bit low...should be closer to the rear bumper isnt it?
Old 05-11-2004, 11:14 PM

Cool, now I can buy your old exhaust for a cheap cheap price
Old 05-11-2004, 11:56 PM

Originally posted by Fob
Great purchase Simon, I'm sure you'll enjoy it...

But is it the camera angle or me...the exhaust is sitting a bit low...should be closer to the rear bumper isnt it?
Simon had a set of invidia exhaust which uses only one hanger from each side; the amuse uses all 4 OEM ones and Simon is waiting for a set from Honda.

Congrats Simon, we will see how long it takes for u to make entire pipe turn blue
Old 05-12-2004, 01:12 AM

btw brotha wantone I am proud to tell u we have the most amuse exhaust in the s2ki forum

Albert from SpeedStar - R1 titan

Andrew(Sayajin), Rob(S2KRob), Daniel(Jbontym), Simon(s2ksimon), Jason(my buddy who doesnt post here) - dual R1 titan

me - amuse R1000 in a week

so we have 7 amuse owners in Toronto
Old 05-12-2004, 02:18 AM

sweet!!
Old 05-12-2004, 03:19 AM

Im going to take a blue marker to the tips of my Invidia and be equally cool!

Old 05-12-2004, 03:54 AM

Nice Simon!

Quick Reply: Hey Wantone, Thanks to Rich, I've been Amused !