Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Hoping for an early spring!

Old 01-06-2002, 01:37 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got back from Pacific Mall(Kennedy+Steeles). I bought some Blue Euro Lights to replace my high beams ...

Anyways, while I was there i went to a model car store. They have a few model S2k's there. The colors I saw were silverstone, red, white and black. They were nice!

Peace
Old 01-06-2002, 01:49 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally posted by DoGMaN

Today I went out, checked the tire pressure, topped that up. Moved the car by hand to avoid a flat spot.

Trickle charging the battery for 24 hours...amazed how low it was, almost 50% discharged in a month.

Maybe if I could find a yellow 1:18 and 1:24 I'd be happier?
Vince, in case this helps:
-Pump the pressure up on the tires to 40, roll the tires onto 4 patches of thick carpet & forget about it.
-Have you heard of a "smart charger"? Turns itself on & off as the battery needs. Can be found at a motorcycle shop. About a hundred bucks. Plug it in and forget about it.
-Do you have Superstores where you live? I got a Maisto 1:18 die cast yellow for Xmas. Superstore had a gazillion of these before Xmas. If you had one, you'll never forget about it.
Old 01-06-2002, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boy, winter is in full swing here!!!
Today's high was only 68 degrees f today!!! Brrrr !!!

Honestly, I don't know how you live with the weather you have.
I guess you get used to it.
Old 01-06-2002, 02:33 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xviper
[B]
Vince, in case this helps:
-Pump the pressure up on the tires to 40, roll the tires onto 4 patches of thick carpet & forget about it.
-Have you heard of a "smart charger"?
Old 01-06-2002, 02:45 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Yes...an early Spring would be a god send. Like everyone else, I am experiencing terrible withdrawal from not having driven my S2000 since October. It was 10C here in Calgary today, and is expected to remain warm all week. I would take out the S2000 but the roads are covered in layer upon layer of dusty salt which will coat the entire car in about 5 mins. Not that that poses a problem, but it still is a little chilly to wash the car on the driveway after a drive.
Oh well..not long now boys...we're already 1 week into January
Asif
Old 01-06-2002, 03:26 PM

Fully charged now, and its shut itself off.

I'm almost afraid to be on the floor of the garage right now..I swear I'm going to need a HASMAT team come and clean my garage in the spring...so much friggen poison laying around. Rubber snakes too.

Hey do they still make that crap in a box called Dr No?

Vince
Re: charger - the other important thing is ....... will it turn on by itself when the battery needs it? I didn't know that Crappy Tire made one of these.

What kinda stuff you got on your garage floor anyway? And what's a rubber snake? I'm sure if I think about it long enough, I'd get it but my brains off duty right now.

Never heard of Dr No. What is it?
Old 01-06-2002, 03:32 PM

Originally posted by VTEXTC
but it still is a little chilly to wash the car on the driveway after a drive.
Oh well..not long now boys...we're already 1 week into January
Asif
Asif, I wash my car inside my garage on cold days. I run the garden hose from my facet in the basement and use warm water to wash. I leave the garage door open about an inch or two to let the water run out. It works great. Driveway gets a bit icy but I just throw gravel on it. (It's free at most firehalls in the city. Bring a large bucket and shovel and take all you need.)
I hope you're right about the return of the nice weather. We'll have to go for blasts out Turner Valley/Bragg Creek way.
Old 01-06-2002, 03:56 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xviper
[B]
Re: charger - the other important thing is ....... will it turn on by itself when the battery needs it?
Old 01-06-2002, 04:03 PM

I have bags of warfarin, blocks of rat / mouse killer, the little glue boxes, and bowls of water. The rubber snakes are a trick I learned from a guy who actually stores cars for the winter. He gets rubber snakes puts them in the car, on the floor and in the engine bays...supposedly scares the rodents away. I had a couple of old rubber snakes from when I was a kid and heaved them on the floor. If anyone looks at it I'm sure they either think I'm nuts or too lazy to pick them up...pick one heh.
I get it now. I used to put rubber dog turds on my lawn when my dog died to make burglars think I still had the dog. All great fun till you hit the bloody things with your lawn mower. Then you've got little bits of rubber dog sh!t all over the place.
Old 01-06-2002, 04:08 PM

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Everyone sounds as if they are getting a little stir crazy already, that or just extremelly bored on this particular weekend.

Thought I'd let you in on a little secret - the owner of a Honda dealership in the greater Toronto area seems to have taken a liking to me and has asked me to be a part of something he is planning for the spring/summer this year!! Next meeting is this month sometime.....I'll do my best to keep you posted.

Hope your Sunday evening is as eventful as mine seems to be going.......hehehe

Les

Quick Reply: Hoping for an early spring!