Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Idling Issues

Old 05-22-2013, 06:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddy back in Sudbury is a Mechanic, and he took the car to his garage on Friday and put it up on the hoist,, in listening to the rough idle and mis fire, he was convinced it might be a vaccum leak,,, he did a check by spraying break cleaner near the intake manifold,,, did not get sucked in. Pulled the oil cap while idling, engien did not sputter meaning it was not an internal leak.

He checked for damaged or cracked hoses, did not find anything,,,

Funny part about this is that after we changed the plugs on Friday, car ran much better and smoother for acceleration, but the misfire was still evident,,,although less noticable.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At this point im pretty sure its the valves. Rishi (redline junkie) had the same problem, and fixed it by replacing his valves. Its caused by a bad valve adjustment, over time the valves are damaged and dont seal properly.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:32 AM

Thanks,

I'm trying to get something set up with Sppedstar for next week,, problem is that I live in Sudbury, although I am in Mississauga every week for work.

Hoping to drop off the car there for a few days,,,
Old 05-22-2013, 08:02 AM

Likely something to do with the exhaust. P0420 has to do with catalyst.

Exhaust leak or Primary O2 failure is my guess causing a rich misfire.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:35 AM

Any update? Im still have same issue. System to rich and car stalls when coming to a stop only when cold. My air pump is busted. Cleaned the Iacv no help.. Seems like when ever weather changes it takes some time to re learn but due to this fed up weather constant change doesn't help.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SickoS2K
Any update? Im still have same issue. System to rich and car stalls when coming to a stop only when cold. My air pump is busted. Cleaned the Iacv no help.. Seems like when ever weather changes it takes some time to re learn but due to this fed up weather constant change doesn't help.
My guess is it is something to do with the supercharger. Did you get yours tuned yet?
Old 05-27-2013, 06:31 AM

I am dropping off the car at Speedstar this week,

I have tried all of the obvious fixes as suggested and posted on this board to no luck,

Time to let the experts run a diagnostic and hopefully get the car running 100% again,,, long ovedue,,,
Old 05-28-2013, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by FluKy15
Originally Posted by SickoS2K' timestamp='1369492526' post='22566666
My guess is it is something to do with the supercharger. Did you get yours tuned yet?

No no tune yet... had same exact problem last year and changed the map and iridium spark plugs and was fine for year... Don't think i need go buy the stuff again should last longer then a year.

Im just getting the code too rich p0170 and P0172 fuel trim. I put a used primary 02 in today will see how that goes.

ohhhh forgot to mention ill just be driving normal and bamm car face palms look at my a/f and it lean .. after a second back to normal. it will do that every once in a while.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:28 AM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by SickoS2K
Originally Posted by FluKy15' timestamp='1369500488' post='22566844
[quote name='SickoS2K' timestamp='1369492526' post='22566666']

No no tune yet... had same exact problem last year and changed the map and iridium spark plugs and was fine for year... Don't think i need go buy the stuff again should last longer then a year.

Im just getting the code too rich p0170 and P0172 fuel trim. I put a used primary 02 in today will see how that goes.

ohhhh forgot to mention ill just be driving normal and bamm car face palms look at my a/f and it lean .. after a second back to normal. it will do that every once in a while.
[/quote]
You running aftermarket injectors? Might be an injector clip that has a bad connection.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by myflys2k
Originally Posted by SickoS2K' timestamp='1369764720' post='22571643
[quote name='FluKy15' timestamp='1369500488' post='22566844']
[quote name='SickoS2K' timestamp='1369492526' post='22566666']

[/quote]
You running aftermarket injectors? Might be an injector clip that has a bad connection.
[/quote]

Oem on 6 psi..
Even last year when i got it all working good every couple weeks id get the running rich and fuel trim code but over all car ran good. Im leaning towards the fuel pressure regulator.

Quick Reply: Idling Issues