Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

MARCO: were your ears ringing...

Old 09-24-2003, 07:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MARCO: were your ears ringing...

[B][SIZE=1]
Old 09-24-2003, 07:46 AM

Oh, and when I'm up for the moose you can program the Valet Mode, I just ain't going there... my ears still hurt.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doug,

You should know by now, take the time on any instruction sheet and multiply by 5 if it is your first time.

Clearing my headlights took almost 40 hours.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:13 AM

Oh, I knew it would take longer than 45 minutes, but I did not know it was going to be so difficult to get my hands into the places they need to be.

I'm also at that awkward age (oh I can see the shit I will take for this) where my glasses hinder my eyesight at real close range, so on and off they went as I tried to look at the pics in the instructions and then actually find the wires they were referring to...

At 40 hours I think I would have decided to go without headlights for the rest of my life!
Old 09-24-2003, 08:16 AM

Get Jay and his little girl arms to finish it off for ya.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:20 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally posted by Triple-H I finally decided on 7,900 beep / 8,200 beep / 8,500 beep / 8,800 solid beep as the set up that works for me.
This is EXACTLY my setting! If only you lived here. It took me about 30 minutes, but then, I've got "girlie hands".
It also helps that I've been "under my dash" almost as much as I've been "under my car".
Old 09-24-2003, 08:33 AM

Dave, you are an infinitely wise man!

I tried having the solid beep at 8,900, but I was always into the rev-limiter because I would wait to hear it, and then it would be too late to shift.

For banging around the streets I might lower it all by one more hundred, but I have kept it for now because this weekend is a school at Watkins Glen, and obviously the engine takes more time to go from beep to beep when you are in 4th and 5th gears.

This winter I'm going to pull out the speaker, add longer wires and move it up to the area of the secret compartment, or maybe in the area where some people put the rear speakers. When the top is down, speeds are up, and stereo on, I could stand for it to be closer to my eardrum.

And here is a funny...
The other day driving home in the rain on my slick Kumho 712s I started up and gave it too much gas, the tires went into an instant spin, it was the beep at 7,900 that alerted me I had lost all my grip. So gee, I guess it is sort of like traction control.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:51 AM

Originally posted by Triple-H
Dave, you are an infinitely wise man!

This winter I'm going to pull out the speaker, add longer wires
You are too kind with your words. In reality, it is through "trial and error" and not necessarily by any "wisdom".

I just relocated the "beeper" 2 days ago. As you may or may not know, I have the SOS gauge pod AND another gauge stuck on the dash just beside the pod. I located the beeper just behind the bottom pod gauge and beside the extra gauge. I wrapped the beeper in black electrical tape so it would blend into its surroundings. You don't notice it visually unless you are looking for it and the sound bounces off the windshield to produce a very audible alert.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:56 AM

Yeah what he said.

I have the same setup as Dave, and moved my beeper this weekend. My exhaust almost drowns it out over in the passenger area.

I think I need it right behind the ear heh
Old 09-24-2003, 08:59 AM

Originally posted by DoGMaN I think I need it right behind the ear heh
I'VE RIDDEN IN YOUR CAR! I think you need to find some way of pumping that beeper sound through that cell phone earpiece you've got.

Quick Reply: MARCO: were your ears ringing...