Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

My adventures of Online Dating vol. 1 & 2

Old 03-27-2006, 11:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My adventures of Online Dating vol. 1 & 2

My adventures of Online Dating vol. 1

Mindcore,

As you know, I think you and I, are the only "publically" spoken single guys on the board.

I decided instead of continually borrowing yours and MOTU's blow up doll, and Biobanker's interactive harness with video i'd try my luck at online dating.

As of late, the board hasn't been privy to a classic DoGMAn thread in a long while as I guess he's smartened up. I think my adventures of my online dating vol. 1 are going to right up there.

Well let me tell you, i'm zero for many now..

As most of you should know, Indian broads ain't gonna go for single fathers like me, lord only knows i've hounded many.

Mike, forget that pipe dream if you think you're going to have a Sumi Das look alike either. I know my capabilities, so I gotta go straight for the white chicks or any non indian. The Indian broads are the pickiest out there. Gotta have the right look, right religion , right group of friends, oh man.. they ALL now repulse me.

So here's my latest Strike - Out.

I meet this white chick online, who's divorced, white, mid thirties and doesn't have a problem dating a single father like me. She's good looking and has an okay figure. Not a "knock out" but more of a plain jane. She's not a Tania Kim, but more of a Beverly Thompson. You kinda get the picture. We appear to have many common interests. Looks like there's chemistry building with each email and msn
chat.

As the weeks progress, we finally agree to meet for coffee. I'm like wow !! Finally something going my way ???

So on the evening of, I open my ward drobe, pull for the Armani, Boss, Strellson, make my decision, splash on the Ralph lauren black, slip on the Tod's and roll out the door.

Coffee house is packed nowhere to sit. So I suggest going to this restaurant right next door. She said, she's coming from the gym, so better that she eat anyways. We go to EAST. Nice place Queen/John. Dinner goes great, polite conversation, she laughs at my jokes and chemistry is building. End of the night, we say our good byes and she says she really had a good time. I'm walking away thinking, this online dating appears to be working finally.

Next morning she sends me this email .. doh ! Talk about a WASTE OF TIME !

Normally, women never take the time to get back to me but tend to disappear with not replying to my emails. Or give me the "I'm busy this entire week, how bout next " and then that following week another nice excuse in the same manner. Well this is one for the books, i've never been let down by such a nicely worded email. Sheesh.. Have a read..

Hey Simon,

Thank you for your kind compliment - I had a wonderful time chatting with you over dinner as well. As much as I enjoyed our time together, I really need to get honest with you and myself. I have reconnected with someone that I used to be involved with. The reconnection has been very recent and I'm really unsure of what it will mean to either of us, but I really can't follow through with seeing you again - as much as I know that I would have enjoyed that. Even when we said goodnight the other night, I wasn't sure how to handle this, and honestly wasn't
sure that I wouldn't want to follow up with you. But I recognize that coming clean with myself, this other person and then with you, is really the best way to go. I'm sorry for any conclusions that I might have led you to because of my indecision.

I wish that my timing had been better - I believe that we would have had great fun getting to know each other. I wish you only the very best. I think that there are still positive experiences with online dating for you, as you're a really wonderful person, with a lot to offer.

Again, what a waste of time, but at least she was nice about it..

My adventures of Online Dating vol. 2

This more recent chick had no pic to share. But she did say she was attractive and slim. In my mind i'm already thinking where's the Broom Hilda wart on the nose or she's got 3 eyes or something. No pic? What is she hiding from. She goes on to say shes this die hard romantic, finds me and my few words quite interesting and would like to chat more. Im like , i will chat, but you gotta send me your pic. Fair
is fair. So after two msn chat sessions I ask for her pic again. I say words along the lines of.. "You can see me but I've yet to see you. Oh gawd, she sends me her pic.

I don't know where attractive and slim are in her dictionary ????? If you've eaten, turn away please..

And notice what's she's sitting in ?????

oh man, so I say i'm no longer interested.

She emails, saying

"Simon, I'm terribly offended you have that viewpoint. I really enjoyed chatting with you and even though I'm not a calendar girl I think you're sadly mistaken passing me up. She goes on how i'm just like all the rest of the guys..yadda yadda , yadda.. "

I'm like , whatever.. you first falsely represent yourself, and then give me shit ?

I should give her msn account to DoGMan as I'm sure he wouldn't be as nice.

Just have a look at her.. where's the attractive and slim , a woman of the world ?

**** No !!!!!!!!!

So there you have it, my latest adventures of online dating. I gotta be one ugly MOFO in a past life and present to warrant this awful attention. Sheesh..

Mike, MOTU, Bio, can I get the blow up doll back..

To all those who are attached, married .. be thankful you are. Work things out please. To those having problems and are thinking of ending things, you may want to think twice before you end up with horror stories like mine.

-Simon
In Classic Toronto s2000 Forum Style..

Old 03-27-2006, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best thread ever

1: First one is a C word, you heard me. Send her an email and call her that right away. I know they don't like it but goddamn heh. Who is Beverly Thompson?

2: The second one looks nice, but I don't condone drinking and driving regardless of what she drives. Just turn her into MADD or Wheeltrans.

Maybe you can find a hot blind model who's an athiest and likes kids?
Old 03-27-2006, 11:25 AM

bev thompson is the canada am chick..

2. Dog ? the 2nd one looks nice ? huh ? what the fvck ?
Old 03-27-2006, 11:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so on a related and somewhat serious note, i keep hearing from the single people i know (majority are co-workers, associates, a couple of friends), that it's hard to find good (marriage material good) opposites these days, and it's getting even more difficult each passing year (as they get older).

do any of you single people find this to be true?

Old 03-27-2006, 11:27 AM

Just do like Jarek and buy one from Russia.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

no?

get out?
Old 03-27-2006, 11:42 AM

Yeah, being single is tough. I know where Simon is coming from. Although, i'm dating someone right now, to find marriage material is quite difficult. I guess im too picky, who knows?

Hilarious stories though!
Old 03-27-2006, 11:53 AM
Former Moderator

Simon, sorry to hear of your bad luck, but I think you're going about it the wrong way. The only reason I use online dating is to bang chicks, its pretty easy when you go on that assumption from the beginning.

But I agree with what Nimesh's friends are saying, it's real easy to chicks to go out with, its nay impossible to find someone that would would consider anything real with, been my problem for a long time, none of these online chicks are worth more then a night or two.

I may have met one that has the goods, but we'll see.

Vince.. you made me spit pop out my nose, you'll get your comeuppance
Old 03-27-2006, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by PLYRS 3,Mar 27 2006, 04:25 PM
so on a related and somewhat serious note, i keep hearing from the single people i know (majority are co-workers, associates, a couple of friends), that it's hard to find good (marriage material good) opposites these days, and it's getting even more difficult each passing year (as they get older).

do any of you single people find this to be true?
in my experiences, people are so quick to end things nowadays without wanting to work things out.. the minute things get to difficult, the look for the door.

In the online world, people have too much choice nowadays.. and do this absurd type of shopping for the perfect this, the perfect that.. and during, if things get argumentative, or amount to "one bad strike" , they move on to the next person..

why not marriage material ? simple, no one wants to spend the time WORKING at things anymore. Relationships, and marriage require work just like anything else.

I'd love to speak to those at your workplace , I'd make John Gray's Men are from Mars Women are from Venus, look like child's play.. if i ever set up my own seminar ..
Old 03-27-2006, 11:55 AM

Simon, you gotta get more proactive.

Reply to #1 and say that it is okay, you just want her for sex anyways and the fact that she has reconnected with someone else just makes everything better as the BS is now offloaded to someone clearly dumb enough to take it.

Quick Reply: My adventures of Online Dating vol. 1 & 2