Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

New Deal... My Rims & Tires FREE....

Old 11-23-2006, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hyper,Nov 23 2006, 04:27 PM
mine are even worse $525 / month

how many sq. ft. is your condo?
gas water & electricity included... plus home security monitoring.

987sq ft Dennis.
Old 11-23-2006, 07:51 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

condo fees are paid in addition to utilities, they cover the common expenses. I ask about the $466 because it seem pretty steep for a party and exercise room. Do you have a doorman? pool? spa? hookers?

The fees for the condo I bought are in the $250/mo range sans exercise room. I was just wondering if there were more facilities which aren't listed.

Heat + A/C is usually included but electricity, phone and cable are not. All the units share the same HVAC system and dividing it up based on usage would be impossible.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:53 AM

Ron - good luck with the sale!
Old 11-24-2006, 06:36 AM
Former Moderator

Colleen and I are looking for a condo, but unfortunately it's here in Ann Arbor we want a townhouse. I couldn't have anyone living above or below me. We did look at a highrise, but then I thought about having to take the dog out...couldn't just let her out on her own at night before going to bed and the thought of having to walk her at 11pm eliminated that idea.
Nice place though, good luck with your sale.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by cthree,Nov 23 2006, 11:51 PM
condo fees are paid in addition to utilities, they cover the common expenses. I ask about the $466 because it seem pretty steep for a party and exercise room. Do you have a doorman? pool? spa? hookers?

The fees for the condo I bought are in the $250/mo range sans exercise room. I was just wondering if there were more facilities which aren't listed.

Heat + A/C is usually included but electricity, phone and cable are not. All the units share the same HVAC system and dividing it up based on usage would be impossible.
E... the fact of the matter is when you buy a new construction, they massively under estimate the maintenance fees.

Mine were around $300 when the building was new about 7 yrs ago. The next year, they were more like $350, then $400 the next year. The reserve fund and management are more established now and this year there was no increase, and its been around 450 for a few years now.

The other thing you mentioned was electricity. Mine is included in the fee. When I lived in vancouver, and rented a loft with electric heating, by monthly bills were over $180/month and that was 10 yrs ago. This building, each unit has its own HVAC unit, so I can run the A/C in the winter or the furnace in the summer should i desire. Actually, its a real benefit on those hot early summer days and cold early fall days.

I've never felt that the maint. fee was out of line compared to other with around 1000sq/ft.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the info. It's a great location and it looks like a nice place. The timing is wrong for me right now otherwise I would definitely be interested. If it's still on the market when my house in San Diego sells I'll be back for another look. The market there is soft right now so it might take a while.

Good luck on the sale.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:30 PM

hey yall... check out my blog site and comment on the latest post if you have ever bought or sold real estate.

http://yyzron.blogspot.com
Old 11-29-2006, 05:39 AM

hmmmm interesting. I'm tempted to say stick at your price, but it could get pretty scary if nobody else comes along with a good offer. How long would approval on their financing take?
Old 11-29-2006, 05:43 AM

Well the 2k turns into a lot more if you think of it as the last 2k on your twenty-year mortgage. That being said you have to look at how long your unit has been on the market, this is the first offer and it's close to the walk away number. Other agents will know you walked away from this offer and school their clients accordingly. On the flip side, what is your time worth? Keeping the place in "open house" condition. It drove me nuts after just one week. What are your needs as to closing dates, and can you hold your breath and bridge finance if necessary?

All questions you have already asked yourself I'm sure.

When we sold our last house our only offer came in 5 days after listing. The buyer had to come to within $500.00 of asking or we weren
Old 11-29-2006, 06:09 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ronnie,

i read the blog....take the offer....2K? are you kidding me?

you're getting your closing date too...you can't buy that kind of convenience for 2K.

your first offer will always be your best offer.....

Quick Reply: New Deal... My Rims & Tires FREE....