Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Niagara Spring Cruise! Sunday June 5th

Old 05-15-2011, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be missing a great chance to meet you all.

Unfortunately, I got work to finish up on Sunday (this sucks on a long weekend). So I am planning to hit Niagara with my fiancee on Monday May 23 instead to catch the fireworks (only if weather permits).

If any of you would still be around Niagara on Monday, let me know.

Speaking of weather, it looks like the weather won't be nice on May 22 and May 23. Let's hope the forecast isn't accurate this time.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Seinsmeld13
Guys only? Or are you guys bringing yours wives/girlfriends? Ii usually go alone for the Audi meets I attend.
If you decide to take a passenger with you, I would make sure they know exactly what is going to happen and make them very aware of the amount of driving that will be done in a group cruise. The last time I went out to a cruise with a passenger (Wine Tour Cruise) she was very displeased and was bored after about an hour into the cruise. Although she was nice enough to hold back telling me until after cruise, it made me feel really bad that I had not emphasized enough the duration of such an event.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by shamusodoofus
Originally Posted by Seinsmeld13' timestamp='1305451940' post='20577035
Guys only? Or are you guys bringing yours wives/girlfriends? Ii usually go alone for the Audi meets I attend.
If you decide to take a passenger with you, I would make sure they know exactly what is going to happen and make them very aware of the amount of driving that will be done in a group cruise. The last time I went out to a cruise with a passenger (Wine Tour Cruise) she was very displeased and was bored after about an hour into the cruise. Although she was nice enough to hold back telling me until after cruise, it made me feel really bad that I had not emphasized enough the duration of such an event.
Agree I would rather go alone anyway as I have done with my Audi donkeys. What time will you guys be meeting in Grimsby? I took a little route from my house in Grimsby to 4th Ave Louth Sunday. That street goes north over the QEW to Lakeshore which runs east into the Port. I suggest we leave from Tims at the Welcome Centre drive south on Casablanca then east along Main one block south on Wolverton Mountain Road then east along Ridge into Beamsville then east on RR81 to 4th Ave Louth then east on Lakeshore into the Port. Let me know.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:48 PM

I really hope you guys decide on a final map out before we actually meet up! lol or else i'm just gonna go look for asian chicks by the falls
Old 05-16-2011, 07:15 PM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Ok here's a route we can take from Square One to Grimsby that goes through Ridge Road (from the 'ontario bike roads' map):
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&sourc...3,2.469177&z=9

Also, I fixed up the map from grimsby to fort erie to port dalhousie, let me know if I missed anything:
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&sourc...2,1.590271&z=9

Everyone pray to mother nature for some good weather!
Old 05-16-2011, 07:16 PM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Seinsmeld13
Agree I would rather go alone anyway as I have done with my Audi donkeys. What time will you guys be meeting in Grimsby? I took a little route from my house in Grimsby to 4th Ave Louth Sunday. That street goes north over the QEW to Lakeshore which runs east into the Port. I suggest we leave from Tims at the Welcome Centre drive south on Casablanca then east along Main one block south on Wolverton Mountain Road then east along Ridge into Beamsville then east on RR81 to 4th Ave Louth then east on Lakeshore into the Port. Let me know.
check out the updated google maps route I just posted above, is that what you meant?
Old 05-16-2011, 09:08 PM

If we decide to take the route through Ridge Road, you may want to revise the departure time from Square One and/or the meet time at Grimsby... Would kinda suck if we had a few cars at Grimsby wait needlessly for an extra 10-30 minutes
Old 05-18-2011, 07:01 PM

I'm in. I'll meet you guys at the Welcome centre in Grimsby. What time are you meeting?
Old 05-19-2011, 02:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Possible rain date deployment, king afzan will be deciding tomorrow.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:45 PM

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

Im on the fence...if it rains im out, since my tires are done. hopefully its dry!

Quick Reply: Niagara Spring Cruise! Sunday June 5th