Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Official Southern Ontario Chat Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 05:00 AM

Received 3,373 Likes on 2,452 Posts

Sometimes it may be better to get your claim done and if you are happy with the settlement then just move on to your future replacement. If the insurance company doesn't make it worthwhile for you to buy back the wreck then it might not be feasible to pursue, and parting out wrecks isn't for everyone.

On a side note, after being accident free for 35 years I slid into a curb last month with my Civic and messed up the steering rack, given the cost of an electric steering rack I had to put in an insurance claim. I've only been with my current insurer for one year but I was happy to find out that they are giving me accident forgiveness, so my rates won't be going up after one claim. I didn't take any extra coverage for accident forgiveness when I signed up with them, but they are giving it to me on this claim. Dealing with this insurance company has been fantastic. I'd recommend Cumis Insurance to anyone looking for a new company, I switched to them as they gave me much better rates on my home insurance compared to my previous company. Very happy with them on this claim, great service.
Old 02-03-2019, 11:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sleepR
I don't know that insurance companies lose big on any write off, they're always making money, and saving since June 1st 2016. I have mine insured for appraised value. I recommend that for any mint condition S2000 owner. Just sucks to know that omesopride and joy can end up at auction and chopped up.
Overall they are making money, yes. But I can assure you they took quite a hit in my scenario. Again, not that I wish this ever happened, but after moving past the emotional experience and objectively speaking, I came out on top here with the appraised value as it covered more than my purchase price, insurance money I've ever paid, all gas purchases, and maintenance costs. The S2000 is really an amazing car in all aspects and that's why I've decided to get another one.

The claim also happened just before my birthday and I was worried about an increase in rates. For the week before my birthday I was getting ridiculous quotes, but immediately after, they dropped back down to normal rates.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for an s2000

Hey everyone I’m looking to purchase my first s2000 I’m located in Ontario Canada if anyone has one for sale give me message nawrasjauni@gmail.com
Old 02-13-2019, 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by Norris Jauni
Hey everyone I’m looking to purchase my first s2000 I’m located in Ontario Canada if anyone has one for sale give me message nawrasjauni@gmail.com
1darkchaos has one for sale on the southern Ontario for sale forum right now, low kms, great condition and a good guy to deal with, it is sebring silver.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:04 PM

Received 340 Likes on 277 Posts

I thought this was interesting...that is if anything can be believed on the inter web. This comes from the Toronto auto show.
https://ca.yahoo.com/finance/news/dr...201515656.html

finally, someone with influence is speaking the ****ing truth. There is no way in the very near future there will be autonomous cars- that is, true level 5 autonomy- especially in Canada. And as I say, "from my cold ****ing hands." And you think people will maintain their pods so they can reliably continue to operate - they'll have to constantly clean the camera lenses and this and that in this climate.

anyway, more fuel for the fire.
darcy

Last edited by darcyw; 02-13-2019 at 08:07 PM.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by darcyw
I thought this was interesting...that is if anything can be believed on the inter web. This comes from the Toronto auto show.
https://ca.yahoo.com/finance/news/dr...201515656.html

finally, someone with influence is speaking the ****ing truth. There is no way in the very near future there will be autonomous cars- that is, true level 5 autonomy- especially in Canada. And as I say, "from my cold ****ing hands." And you think people will maintain their pods so they can reliably continue to operate - they'll have to constantly clean the camera lenses and this and that in this climate.

anyway, more fuel for the fire.
darcy
Finally someone with some common sense, he obviously is much more realistic than Mary Bara of GM who is betting the house on autonomous cars. F&*(% that crap. I don't know about where you all live, but there isn't a road marking to be found on any road in my region for the past 6 weeks. While I don't care if others want autonomous cars but just keep them away from me when they hit the road in large numbers and start killing innocent people around them.

I like how they simply wrote-off that innocent death of the pedestrian by Uber as nothing more than a statistic, give the human life a cash value and just move on soldiering towards further testing as long as the dead person isn't your family.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:43 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Not defending Uber by any stretch, but I find it incredibly unlikely that a computer driving a car will kill more pedestrians than humans driving cars. Computers don't text message, don't get tired, don't get drunk, don't care about the screaming kids in the back seat, don't slow down to look at common fender-benders, can be programmed to not tailgate, not drive too fast, not drive too slow, and the list goes on. Do they make mistakes? Yup. Could someone die because of that mistake? Yup. Humans will make far more mistakes and do it pretty consistently. I could open my Instagram right now and I can pretty much guarantee I'll have at least one video pop up of someone filming (while they themselves are driving) something idiotic someone else is doing in a car.

What happened in Humboldt probably doesn't happen if a computer is driving that truck.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I want the best of both worlds; autonomous for work commute and also manual override when the road opens up and the technology is available and will be very safe**. There's computer vision, laser radar, gps, thermal, proximity sensors, interconnectivity between cars etc etc much more trustworthy than 80% of the idiots you see on the road....just a matter of time, in fact this is old news as drones should be commercially available in 5-10 years.

**assuming all these computer systems are safe from hacking LOL
Old 02-14-2019, 03:33 PM

Oh yeah we will also have drones falling to earth from the sky as well, perhaps onto autonomous cars lol
Old 02-14-2019, 05:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, that'll happen too but same risk as falling ice and people throwing chairs off of condo balconies haha

If Honda brings this to market, I'd be seriously interested
https://jalopnik.com/the-interior-of...ens-1832603028