Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

pride is hurt!!!

Old 04-19-2002, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pride is hurt!!!

car aint so fast???

yesturday while in traffic my car starts to idle funny...

dropping to 500 almost stalling and then coming back to about 900 rpm..

i brush that off as nonesense,

and then i really get insulted, i match up at a light with an sir, we punch it, i barely pulled on him, after 2nd gear i was up maybe by half a car......

so i go again, rev to about 5000, drop the clutch, my piece of @#%@ boggles, im like what the @#%#@ boggling at those RPM'S???

and again i was not able to pull away from an SIR,

AM I MIISING SOMETHING??? damn i felt like crying.

ill do an ecu reset tomorrow, and maybe even get my valves adjusted next time in service.

Old 04-19-2002, 10:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my brother has an SiR - whenever he's in town, we'll usually go for a quick boot aroind the block or whatever - it's never a contest.

something's not right....
Old 04-19-2002, 10:15 AM

can it be possible the car had enough mods to keep up???

it was slammed, and im pretty sure i heard some type of blow off, when he shifted, or it could of been mine suckin in air at 3000 rpm......

seriously pissed off, my s2k cant beat its little brother the sir
Old 04-19-2002, 01:09 PM

what year is your s2000??

Do u have any mods on it?

i have a '99 prelude, and it does the same shit.........it boggles, and makles like a vibrating noise..............plus the rpm's go high and drop, i dotn know what is wrong with it?>?? but newys. .....now when i drive the car lost alot of power, and when i drive normal, the gas doesn;t let off for sum reason, even if my foot is not on the pedal? i dont know what it is>

DOES ANY 1 KNOW WHAT THIS CAN BE?????
Old 04-19-2002, 03:02 PM

my S messes up sometimes like that too... but only for like 5 mins when i start it up cold sometimes... usually turing it off and on again seems to set everything right...
Old 04-19-2002, 03:23 PM

Something is definatley wrong. My buddy has an Sir with AEM cold air intake, headers, exaust, lowered. We have raced a couple times and man do i smoke him. Not even close.
Maybe it was bottle fed? Forced induction? At least he didn't beat you.

"Ask any real racer. It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning is winning"
Old 04-20-2002, 10:30 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Shvitz2k
[B]car aint so fast???

yesturday while in traffic my car starts to idle funny...

dropping to 500 almost stalling and then coming back to about 900 rpm..

i brush that off as nonesense,
Old 04-20-2002, 10:13 PM

I noticed mine occasionally bogging in traffic when the weather warmed up. I removed my airbox cover, though, and I figured it was because I was sucking in hot air at low speed. I know it's bad for performance, but I don't care - I don't notice the car being noticeably slower, and I love the sound. I barely miss not having an exhaust. Barely...
Old 04-21-2002, 06:50 AM

What gas are you using?

Ive used 93octane since Feb 2000, and my girlfriend had my car for 1 week, and filled it 2 times with 87octane and my car reacted the same way it sounds yours is. Always use 93 in the s2
Old 04-21-2002, 01:25 PM

You guys are killing me.

You have to warm the car up to the 3rd bar (though I think the 2nd bar might be okay) before the ECU shuts off the Rev limiter. Otherwise you'll get cut off prior to vtec on a cold car.

As for the bogging. Check your oil. If you don't have sufficient oil/oil pressure, your car won't go into VTEC.

If you heard a blow off valve, the guy has a turbo and he'll likely spank your ass. The SIR 1/4mile would be about 15.5, the S2000's is about 14.0. Driver can come into play alot too. But if you don't know quite how to drive the S yet, it will bog on you, especially in humid conditions (did you do this on the day it was 34 with the Humidex out?)

There arn't too many Honda's with young guys revving at lights that are stock. So any time someone in a car that you SHOULD beat does that.. they either have something happening under the hood, or they just want to see you go. I don't entertain either so I couldn't really tell you how to tell the difference.

Quick Reply: pride is hurt!!!