Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Seems I don't fit the s

Old 12-06-2006, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure you could get the pedals modified if that's your only issue. Wouldn't terribly difficult to have some sort of bends or even semi-removable extentions installed if you are dead-set on picking up an S.

Or go see a doctor for extensions to your tiny shins
Old 12-06-2006, 11:34 AM

lmao....already bought the s....didn't notice it was an issue when I was test driving. Was just enjoying the ride. It was the daily driving, adjusting almost every morning that I realized something needed to be done.

Geesh, a poor girl just wants to be pointed in the right direction. Can't adjust the steering wheel, the recline option is no good, that only leaves the pedals. Or selling the car when she gets out of storage in the spring.....spent 9 yrs searching for a car and I screwed up
Old 12-06-2006, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, Mikey is right the only real option for you is to have the car modified for your stubby legs. There is no off-the-shelf bolt-on modification for little people I know of.

You need to take the car to a fabricator and have the pedals replaced/moved. It's done in race cars all the time to move the seat position back and could be done for your car if you wanted to go to the effort.

The good news is that if you have the pedals moved you could also have them fixed so they are closer together.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:45 AM

PHONEBOOK!!!

I feel your pain.. I'm 5' even, I've given up on the rounding up

You need something under your ass .. or grow a bigger ass? ... I want to fit better in my sports car, that's why I'm on the chocolate diet, good excuse as any

You'll be suprised how much of a difference that makes. The seat dips down towards the back, you basically have to fill in the dip. That streightens out your legs and makes it a lot easier to reach the pedals without having to pull the seat all the way forward. Quick fix, sit on a folded up sweater, I used to do that all the time. Better fix, make yourself a cusion.

Added bonus, you'll be able to see much better over the dash, etc. as opposed to modding the pedals. Cheaper too

Made a huge difference in my driving.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:49 AM

Or a booster seat?

Thanks BlackieZ, I will look into the cushion option. I don't think it would take much lift to make it better. But will the instructors at track school give me grief about that?
Old 12-06-2006, 11:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FastFox,Dec 6 2006, 03:34 PM
Geesh, a poor girl just wants to be pointed in the right direction.
provide pics and we'll help you.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:01 PM

If Blackie is right, and your only problem really is that dip in the rear, get the seat mounted higher at the rear points only and recline the back to a normal positionagain. This should make the dip in the seat not so deep any more and you won't have to have anything under your bum all the time. I wouldn't want anything between and me and these nice comfy seats

I assumed you're a very small miniture guy, I didn't realize you're a girl. The tinyness is now okay. You've got a friend in BlackieZ
Old 12-06-2006, 12:06 PM

Gotta be careful with assuming.

Sorry no pics. lol Guys are too funny.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FastFox,Dec 6 2006, 04:06 PM
Guys are too funny.
and some even have a sense of humour...
Old 12-06-2006, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by FastFox,Dec 6 2006, 03:49 PM
But will the instructors at track school give me grief about that?
No. I just got laughed at

Quick Reply: Seems I don't fit the s