Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

The Soap Opera Will End Today !

Old 10-03-2004, 08:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Soap Opera Will End Today !

Gents - choose to read this or not, it's up to you. I feel compelled after recent events to post up what I feel has happened, in order to attempt to clear my good name and character. There is a problem with a member here, who it appears has been quietly "smearing my character" with other board members and car owners.

Why do I say this? Well, until the recent "clay bar" post, I wouldnt have. Hell, I didn't know there was a problem until then. What gave it away ? The following remark did.

Homer2 said
" Simon's lack of knowledge is not the key to this little tidbit, it ain't a secret.

s2ksimon replied
" this is the "sour grapes" situation I've alluded to before fellas, to all who know..
I could reply, but I refuse to lower myself to this level personal attack.

Now, let me point out the following for everyone - including Simon (again)....
What I said would translate into this . . Simon does not know everything about this situation, the fact that they are made in the same plant is not a secret. The IT referred to is NOT Simons lack of knowledge in general (cause that would be untrue), BUT the concept of the same plant. It seems my punctuation or lack of clear and concise grammatical skills on the internet pissed someone off. Someone thought I was attacking simon - after being his friend for a coule of years (or so i thought) - why would I do that?

BUT, here is the part that started to wear on me . . . Simon , it would appear has been "alluding to sour grapes" in the past with people here . .. (something I consider beneath him, since it smells of gossip and character assassination) - BUT wouldnt reply to my post because he interpreted it wrong, and felt it beneath him to reply. What is wrong with that picture?

Anyways, over the next few days, I sent simon a series of polite PM',s asking to meet with him to solve an issue (my supposed sour-grapes) that I was not aware of until then, and allowing me a chance to point out the factual inaccuracies of his re-post. It strikes me as improper , especially for a CO, or moderator of a forum to re-post information , expecially about a PAID vendors product, and not allow a chance for them to clear it up.

Here is a snippit of the first one - over a week old now, and unreplied to
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Simon - Simon, where oh where did that come from?

Do you think because you don't buy Zaino from me, or use it that it would affect how I feel about you? That's not fair.

When we got together for a beer, I thought we were doing more than customer relations.

Didn't we talk about life, family and the world?

I'm very sorry if you feel I am bitter, because really, - I'll say it again, it doesnt mater to me what anyone puts on their car. Zaino or pledge - no big deal.

I don't chose friends based on wax .. . I choose them based on liking them.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was more to it, and then there were more PM',s all asking to meet and discuss what appears to be a problem. None were replied to?

So, I am left on my own, trying to figure out what might be bothering him, and I can ONLY come up with this . . ..

Sometime in mid July, I noticed in Simon's sig line two brand logo's for car care products he was now using. He also had one for an exhaust. Normally, that would not seem like a big deal right? If you love or use something, why can't you put it in your sig line, or mods - whatever. I feel, once you use a logo, its basically advertising. He was also at that point , I think, a CO also. Here is where the rub lies though. I am a PAID sponsor for this forum. That means I wrote a cheque to help support the forum/club - whatever you call it. Ask Mike or Vince what happens to the dough, I don't know. They are products that are competitive to some of mine, and were NOT being paid for by a manufacturer or sales rep (like myself). Free advertising when I pay doesnt seem right. So, after checking out my stance with a senior member here - I sent Simon the following PM.
Greetings . . . . .
------------------------
Howz everything . . . . . we dont talk anymore cause you don't like me ?. . . (insert broken heart smilie here)

Actually, its more like I dont have enough time for the internet, at least as much as I used to . . . .

Hey Simon, can I ask a favour - and NOT come off sounding like a jerk? I'll try.

Could I ask you to remove the Klasse and Poorboys advertising in your signature please? I know you love the products and all - but I don't feel it is right for you to advertise them . . . Unless of course you have paid sponsorship for the forum - in which case I fully understand and gladly retract my request. I am NOT doing this out of any sort of spite or anger - after all, it's just car care products - and not saving the world or anything - but I just don't feel it's right. I am not picking on you either . . . I'm not selling water in the desert here - and I understand there are many products and consumers with varying tastes, after all, meguiars and mothers and turtle wax have all made and sold for years quite well . . . no reason more brands in the high end can't get out there and deal with it . ..

I trust you understand . . . .

Dennis
--------------------------------------------------

After a couple of weeks, he came back with a final reply - and that was this ..

"the sig stays, spoke to the powers that be, they have become a sponsor"...

-------------------------------------------------------

That is it guys - the only thing I can figure out why the supposed "sour grapes" Simon has been spreading amongst you came from . . .

You judge -

If Im wrong, he wont tell me after several attempts what it is . .. so thats all I have to base it on.

Anyways, here are some background facts before I finish up (and I mean that literally)

For a couple of years Simon was an enthusiastic customer/supporter. I would drive out to Mississauga , or downtown and meet with him to drop off goods, have a couple of beverages and chat. Sometimes he would refer other people to me, I guess he appreciated my products, level of service and customer care. He always received excellent discounts.. and when you add that to the beer and gas , I never made much (if anything) when selling to him. That wasn't the point, Im not doing this to retire. I mention it so no one thinks I might be mad cause I lost business or money cause he doesn't use or refer Zaino anymore.
Hell, I've had my BEST year ever this season, more product and more profit - so why would I be mad?

He stopped doing it this spring after his much posted tries at several other products. Good for him, I love enthusiastic people in the car care world. They make others get excited about better care, and better products which generates business for me. It serves the industry better to have people like him experimenting in it. Remembering I sell more than Zaino, so someone switching isnt the end of the world.

Now, this is way too long - but here is why Im doing this.

I am leaving this site - for at least two months, hoping things work out. I will NOT come between or cause tensions amongst people who do appreciate me, my character, my customer service and products - and those who don't. There is no way I can stay here and worry that everything I post might be taken the wrong way or used to cause disruption among a great bunch of guys. I have really really appreciated and enjoyed being part of your group - and will miss that, especially as the season winds down and more time gets spent on the forums.

It does sadden me, that as a paid sponsor - this seems my only course of action. Some might think this is all a little melo-dramatic, but again - I will not be responsible for tensions among a group where I consider myself to have so many friends. If anyone needs anything - well, by now you know how to reach me.....

One last thing - I have checked with the powers that be - and was told that this post would be permitted. I do expect some of you will not appreciate the soap opera quality of it, or the drama queen aspect . .. so be it.

Best Regards . ..

Dennis
Old 10-03-2004, 05:53 PM
Former Moderator

Dennis, your support for our group speaks for itself, irregardless of product you sell, you came with us to the Salamander ( and scared the crap out of me with your backfires ) not becuase you wanted to sell product, but becuase you were part of the group.

You sponsorship still exists, and will be implemented if you choose when you are ready.

You're a big boy and can make your own decisions, I hope that you will choose to still be a member of our group.

Mike
Old 10-03-2004, 06:52 PM

Thank you Mike.

I didnt do this for sympathy - or pats on the back - or the attention.

I did it to ease tensions that I see might exist in the group, and protect my character from any further erosion, real or imagined.

I'm not comfortable here right now, as a forum member - so I will do the adult thing and spend time elsewhere till it feels right again. Maybe I am too thin skinned also? I dunno . .. after all, it's only the internet.

I do wish to remain a forum sponsor - and will re-up when the time comes to do so. I enjoy the business and personal relationships from the members here . . and would prefer that they continue....

Cheers for now . .. .

Old 10-03-2004, 07:26 PM

Dennis.. can you post or pm me your email? need some supplies from you!

Thanks!
Old 10-03-2004, 07:30 PM

Is Dennis from eShine? I got some stuff from them.
Old 10-03-2004, 07:30 PM

Dennis, you a fellow Camaro owner (well, okay, I don't own mine any longer), but you gotta stick around here....things go in cycles here ..

Old 10-04-2004, 03:15 AM

Marco's right, these guys change product like they change their underwear... you never know what they'll be using next month.

Don't hesitate to drop in on us cuz I could always use another big MF towel.
Old 10-04-2004, 04:53 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dennis, i agree with Marco and Ron. We need you around here (actually i need to order more Zaino! check your email today )
Old 10-04-2004, 06:06 AM
Banned

Actually, we havent heard anything from Simon's point of view....Simon?
Old 10-04-2004, 06:10 AM

no comment

Quick Reply: The Soap Opera Will End Today !