Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Speedstar Dat @ mosport

Old 10-06-2006, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speedstar Dat @ mosport

Just wanted to say (even though I had to leave at mid day) that it was an awsome event and glad to be a part of the whole thing and to meet some of my fellow s2ki members. Hopefully from the time I left till the end of the day, nothing else happened and that all the cars made it back in one piece. Also glad to know a stock s2k can run with moded ones with no problem Too bad it was a little on the cold side, some much warmer weather would have been perfect. I look forward to seeing you guys again at the next event.

And if I didnt feel guilty enough before for my s2k being so dirty, I think it picked up just a little bit more brake dust today... if that was even possible ! ...i guess simon is gonna have one hell of a time trying to clean it up nice and good ..
Old 10-06-2006, 02:14 PM

That was good fun even though I didn't drive.

to Sam for lapping consistent 1:37s in his newly caged s2k.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:32 PM

I took it super easy today as I am feeling under the weather and my car is new! Plus I'm a nervous nilly with her.

Running my new Cayman S made me nervous, but I'm hoping to get used to it. Very easy to drive, faster than S2K on back straight (capable of 215 or more, although I was taking it easy hitting 205, and pulling out of 5c in 3rd!). Tires on my car are on the cruddy side compared with S2K with Rs (excellent in rain though), but the stability, braking, responsiveness, power and comfort

Great job today Speedstar and crew.

Lots of people went driving with me today around the track. I should call it,"Chico's Mosport sightseeing tour." "You will be introduced to speeds in excess of 100km/h and feel 50% the power of Porsche, while listening to the fine Bose stereo, and snacking on Beluga Caviar." "Even if you experience a driver error PSM will be on hand to take over the controls from Chico and guide you around danger."

Wasn't going to drive it at Mosport today, but I couldn't resist the urge.

Sam, good you got cage.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:39 PM

Oh yeah, the abuse I took while Adam told random people (especially the gas station attendant) that it was MY car was priceless.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:39 PM

Roger sorry about your car. What a nice guy and I hope you make it back to the track.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:06 AM

[QUOTE=Chicos,Oct 6 2006, 06:32 PM] I took it super easy today as I am feeling under the weather and my car is new!
Old 10-07-2006, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Chicos,Oct 6 2006, 08:39 PM
Roger sorry about your car. What a nice guy and I hope you make it back to the track.
what happened?
Old 10-07-2006, 10:34 AM

Hit wall, there were a couple of more minor mishaps during the day, nothing serious though......Roger's car sustained a fair bit of damage, but his spirits were good.

Overall the drivers were good and safe to others, but I need to suggest that everyone takes many driving schools before track driving (there was one driver on the track in a Mustang who needs a driving school badly). Lapping days are for practice, but only after you've had a number of days of professional instruction. June of this year was my first time driving on my own without an instructor (signed off). This is after about 8-10 days of driving instruction.

BMW and Hansen schools are both excellent

to Speedstar for hosting another great lapping day.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:03 AM
BKL

I find Ian Law driving school very good as well.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by BKL,Oct 7 2006, 03:03 PM
I find Ian Law driving school very good as well.
They don't run at Mosport GP track though.

Quick Reply: Speedstar Dat @ mosport