Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Suspension deals?

Old 02-01-2002, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by bon2k
hmm i still think BC auto - biggest scam ever
yup.. dun go to BC.. i've heard so much horror stories about Bell Chan !!
Old 02-02-2002, 06:15 AM

Originally posted by Ouzo Lude
See what you guys have to do is get organized like the Toronto Prelude Club. We got over 150 members. So what we did is we made affiliates with various aspects of the car indistry. Aftermarket parts, paint, dent removal, rims, you name it.
I think Lude has a good point here, we may not get the same numbers as the Prelude guys, but maybe we can set something up with a particular dealer. If all of us go the same dealer as club we may be able to have some leverage...not just for pricing but for the service quality that we are given, as this is my biggest concern.
Old 02-02-2002, 08:07 AM

Hey Lude, you're probably right about their workmanship on automech installs. My bro and I installed them. I hear they are pretty good with car audios. I paid $3200 for my RA's, I think that's a steal considering that the distributor in Niagara quoted me $4600. I was considering others but they were too expensive, Mugen $5313 and TODA at $6118. The only other option that was in the same price range with Tein was Spoon at roughly $3600. It was a difficult choice and I hope I made the right one with Tein. I hear they're pretty good. Haven't had a chance to test them out yet. In terms of getting hooked up with a dealer, I would suggest Japanese Automotive for mechanical work but I don't know who would be a decent dealer for parts. The US prices are pretty competitive. Check out www.groupbuycenter.com

Cheers,
Old 02-02-2002, 12:33 PM

Hey man I'm just looking out for my fellow honda's. Someone mentioned Bell Chan. Oh man. That's another scam place. I just go there to see what's new in rims thats about it. And if your not Asian they'll rape you. OK now for parts I only go to Speedtech. So does all the prelude club. His prices are unbeatable. I mast lots of cash there monthly on parts and at the same time I do my reasearch to see if someone can match him. They can't. I recomend you guys go together there for common parts or GB. Say I recomended you. Kostas with the black lude. Good luck guys on your shopping.
Old 02-02-2002, 12:37 PM

Oh and about Kennedy Hi Fi. Thumbs down and on electonics install. There hasn't been a prelude in the TPC that hasn't gone twice for reinstalling an alarm or a deck. And they say the bring mugen parts. Another scam. King imports them for an arm and a leg and then they charge us for the other arm and leg. If you guys wanna go to Speedtech to get quotes leme know cause I'll be going there next saturday to pick up my sway bar and shocks. Also about suspention. Guys there is no need to go overkill. If you autocross that's ok. But if you spend crazy money on Teins and the S is only gonna see street that's a huge waste of money and they will never see there full potential. You wouldn't be able to see the diference lets say between Koni's and good springs if for street use.
Old 02-02-2002, 01:40 PM

ouzo not ture, koni/whateverspring combo sux. tried them on civic, accord,prelude, and many integras.
either too hard or too soft, too high or too low. cant really fine tune the way i like it.
and one more thing, even if u are asian, u still get ripped off from Bell Chan.
His shop is famous for selling copied body kits as genuine ones, breaking up shit in ur car and claimed u broke it be4hand, one time his mechanic looked @ my friends miata and said wow nice rx7
, broke rims when we were swapping summer tires to winters, the list goes on..
his taiwan made rims speical is my favourite, saying the rims made in japan when u can clearly see the MADE IN THAILAND / TAIWAN .

bon
Old 02-02-2002, 02:06 PM

One thing to bear in mind... Bell chan sells imitations as real stuff..
dun go to BC auto..
Old 02-02-2002, 02:08 PM

Koni/eibach combo doesn't sux btw... but for that price.. i can get the entry level Zeal basic function or Tein HR.. both are height adjustable...
Old 02-02-2002, 02:37 PM

sorry, they dont suck like the jamax or tokicho(sp?).
but i am sure the stock coils in the s2k are bettr then koni w/anyspring combo .
Old 02-03-2002, 09:29 PM

Go to Gilman auto, this shop is the best.....
1940 Ellesmore road, Unit 6, Scarborough, Ont
tel (416) 289-1388

Quick Reply: Suspension deals?