Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

test drove M Coupe...

Old 08-11-2002, 08:15 AM
IB Staff

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't worry Bryon, I'll hug him....but I still hold down the same opinion that the M coupe or roadster suck...the S2K is FAR nicer IMHO...the only thing it needs is the glass rear window retrofit...

btw, lesley went a whole 100kms without taking a breath yesterday, damn was her face RED!
heeheh
Old 08-11-2002, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Z5 may be busy but at least it doesnt look like a 1970's converse high-top.
Old 08-11-2002, 08:32 AM

Originally posted by Astroboy
Don't worry Bryon, I'll hug him....but I still hold down the same opinion that the M coupe or roadster suck...the S2K is FAR nicer IMHO...the only thing it needs is the glass rear window retrofit...

btw, lesley went a whole 100kms without taking a breath yesterday, damn was her face RED!
heeheh
I don't know man, I love the looks of them. Mean, aggressive, unique. Yes they are ugly, but I love that about them. I will make a decision when I test drive an 02... I know the limits of my car, and I test them nearly every day. Its loads of fun, and I would not like to give that up...

I really wish that I were there to see that drive! I am going to buy a camera mount so you can see your sister freaking out when I am driving
Old 08-11-2002, 08:37 AM

Originally posted by soopa
Z5 may be busy but at least it doesnt look like a 1970's converse high-top.
This is true....However:

The Z5 has the front end of a new Cadillac,
The wheels of a 740i,
The side mirrors of a Merc CLK,
and the overall body stance of a new 350Z....Are you sure that they are not advertising it as the "Z5 Frankenstein edition"?

Now the M coupe, besides sharing the hood/front fenders with the Z line up, is completely uniqe. Its out of place. It was picked last for the team. It was the odd-ball out. It would constantly envoke in one's mind, "What the f_ck is that???" I kinda like that!
Old 08-11-2002, 09:11 AM

oh no! the z5 looks like some of the better cars on the market... what a shame.

whatever dood... if your so in love with that fugly mess then g'head and grab yerself one.

just don't go trying to convince les to get one... she looks sexy in the StooK

Old 08-11-2002, 09:47 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by soopa
[B]oh no! the z5 looks like some of the better cars on the market... what a shame.
Old 08-11-2002, 10:27 PM

I could convince you to sound like a possesive prick, but you definately beat me to it.

lol.

and you can spare me the pics. ive got plenty of images left from this weekend

now you go and enjoy yourself way out there in lonely ol Portland.

I'm having a blast in Toronto and o how nice it is to be such a short drive away
Old 08-12-2002, 04:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have driven both the M roadster and the M coupe at Watkins Glen. The M roadster does not have the suspension feel of the coupe. Most of us believe in fact that this is due to the inherent stiffness of the coupe structure compared to the roadster. The coupe's backend takes a turn with a bit less drama than the roadster and obviously the performance is amazing. The Ms I drove were essentially stock. The M coupe was a complete blast, fast and precise and the best damn brakes (all BMWs) on this planet is what comes to mind when I think of the coupe.

I like the body design but I know there are others who do not. I guess the only thing I don't like and this is because I come from many years of owning a CRX-Si, the amount of space in the hatch is small. You are not going to be packing 4 track tires/wheels, all your tools, clothing and a passenger in this car for a driving school weekend. On the outside it looks like it should have a lot of interior space, but on the inside it is clear it does not.

My understanding is that the M coupe has been discontinued along with the entire Z3 product line. The replacement is the Z4 and as of now there is no coupe version planned for this body.
Old 08-12-2002, 04:22 AM

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

How am I supposed to respond to this!!!

(all in good fun )
ps. why is there no icon for a blushing girl?
Old 08-12-2002, 04:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The M coupe is a great car. And with the introduction of the Z4, it might be a long time before there is a beautiful simple clean BMW design. Chris Bangle the head of design at BMW has this new style thing going and there is a lot of lukewarm response so far. Go get it girl!

Quick Reply: test drove M Coupe...