Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Top Down Driving Today...... Woot !

Old 12-25-2011, 09:17 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Joey, thanks for the detailed response! That definitely helped a lot. I think I'm going to get the Blacktrax baffled pan. It's a new OEM pan with the baffle welded in. Saves a lot of headache and downtime for me. Thanks again
Old 12-26-2011, 06:59 AM

Received 3,391 Likes on 2,462 Posts

Originally Posted by 06Estukay
Joey, thanks for the detailed response! That definitely helped a lot. I think I'm going to get the Blacktrax baffled pan. It's a new OEM pan with the baffle welded in. Saves a lot of headache and downtime for me. Thanks again
No problem, that sounds good, at the end of the day most baffled pans are going to be similar, the Blacktrax one sounds good. I found a great deal on a mint used Mugen pan so I went with it, but they will all be pretty similar.

If you need any install advice before you do the job hit me up. When I went to do mine the shop manual didn't mention the two large bolts that go from the clutch case to the oil pan, I was trying to pry the old pan loose and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't drop, as soon as I pulled those to large bolts the pan came down very easily, lol.

There is a good pry point on the passenger side of the oil pan, it looks like a little metal ramp where you can get a large flat head screwdriver in there and pry the sucker loose without affecting the block mating surface, it is very helpful as a pry point. Lastly, there are two dowels that are used to line up the pan, they sit between the oil pan and the block (little round metal tubes). Transfer them over to the new pan, they just pull out with a pair of pliers. I think on mine one dowel came off with the old pan and one stayed in the block. Pull them both pull off and then transfer them to the new pan prior to installation, it will help with lining up the new pan on installation and reduce the risk of smudging the gasket sealer as you try to line up the pan with the block.