Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

What would you do?

Old 11-01-2010, 08:00 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Personally, I would keep shopping. After all, why buy a car to store for 6 months, only drawback is you may not get a chance to test drive thoroughly on clean roads.

But, if you really like the car, wait till he gets back to you and tell him you did more research and lower your offer to about $24k but tell seller you would match or beat any counter-offers. Make him show proof of offer though. I think $26,500 is a little high and I think he may be bluffing about the other people coming to visit.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:02 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by therein60mins,Nov 1 2010, 05:48 AM
I would've let the other guy seen the car and asked for less once he calls you back saying the other guy backed off..... that dick!... i woulda loved to get his call back and be begged to buy his car... Im pretty sure he doesnt know how hard it is to sell his car this time of year... and for $27,000??
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing myself. Tell him to F off and watch all the other kids who thought they had $30,000 (after taxes) back out.

I may have forgot to mention though, that this car is immaculate. 2 stone chips on the whole car. No dings. Looks brand new. I wanted it, and still do (mostly).

After selling the suspension I should have payed $26,000/$26,500 for the car before taxes. I would say that is a fair price for an 2007 that basically looks new and still has 2 years warranty.

I'm on the fence now. I want to tell him where to go, but will I find the same car or better for that price or cheaper? I have had some real high ballers contact me. They think because I want a S2000 in mint condition they can pull my pants down.

I can wait if I have to. The right car at the right price.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Ryan2949,Nov 1 2010, 07:48 AM
Funny how you finnaly find one you like and you have some BS to work out, haha. Once the car is in your driveway you'll be happy, probably still better than going through the BS of getting one from the states.

Also, this is now my favorite S2k that I'm currently looking at. http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-c...QAdIdZ239095964

30,000kms, can come with hardtop for only 1500 more, pure stock, and APPARENTLY owned by a 70 year old.
Holy crap man. I would say jump on it if has a clean title. That thing looks mint++

Old 11-01-2010, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by S2K Type R,Nov 1 2010, 08:00 AM
Personally, I would keep shopping. After all, why buy a car to store for 6 months, only drawback is you may not get a chance to test drive thoroughly on clean roads.

But, if you really like the car, wait till he gets back to you and tell him you did more research and lower your offer to about $24k but tell seller you would match or beat any counter-offers. Make him show proof of offer though. I think $26,500 is a little high and I think he may be bluffing about the other people coming to visit.
$26,000 is high for a 2007 with 35k in 98/100 condition and warranty? Really?

I'm not saying its a deal, but I think its fair to say the least. I would buy it now because it is the right car in the right shape and that can be hard to find when you are picky. I would say you are probably right about the other buyers if the car wasn't GPW with red. I know people will pay more for that so it may be true. Hard to say for sure. Thanks for your input though.

@David@optionJDM:
Old 11-01-2010, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nah thats about the fair price.

also you should do a compression test once you have it. and maybe a clay bar job so any dust baked on the paint comes off.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:31 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Did he show you the UVIP? What did the MTO value the car at?...that should be the amount you declare tax on.

I figure if he's playing games with you, make him squirm a little before you give him your hard earned money Usually, the buyer has the bargaining power here unless he really does have other serious offers.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:04 AM

i had the same problem as you man recently..... i hear ya...
Old 11-01-2010, 09:30 AM

This stuff happens all the time. I recently went to check out a coffee table and as I was physically there to pay, he gets a phone call and said "this buyer is willing to pay full price, sorry. "
Old 11-01-2010, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by S2K Type R,Nov 1 2010, 08:31 AM
Did he show you the UVIP? What did the MTO value the car at?...that should be the amount you declare tax on.

I figure if he's playing games with you, make him squirm a little before you give him your hard earned money Usually, the buyer has the bargaining power here unless he really does have other serious offers.
I wanted him to show me the UVIP after he cleared the lien. That way I know its clear. Should be at the end of this week.

I'm very close to telling him I don't want the car lol. Since now I feel like I can wait a bit longer, I want to see if one of the others buy it. Plus I wont have to swap out the suspension.

I tell you one thing though, if I do decline the car and he calls me back begging, I am gonna lower my offer for sure!

If he sells it, oh well. I'll find a cheaper one.

It's still a close call.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:38 AM

Maybe treat it as a "if it's meant to be" case scenario. If its meant to be it'll be yours. If its not meant to be then someone else will take it.

Could easily be flawed logic, but works sometimes lol.

Quick Reply: What would you do?