Sponsor S2000 Engine and S2000 Drivetrain Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 engine and S2000 drivetrain products

URGE Unicorn headers (Best tested S2000 header)

Old 06-09-2020, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the reply I completely understand your header probably outperforms skunks. But my question is how does it compare to the Myers header that is a $1700 header with some supposedly research and design behind it as well and hand made to order type of header. I didn’t know if you’ve ever seen one, come across one, or do a dyno run with that one if you have any information please post as that is where I’m stuck.
Old 06-09-2020, 07:00 PM
Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by hd17f
Thank you for the reply I completely understand your header probably outperforms skunks. But my question is how does it compare to the Myers header that is a $1700 header with some supposedly research and design behind it as well and hand made to order type of header. I didn’t know if you’ve ever seen one, come across one, or do a dyno run with that one if you have any information please post as that is where I’m stuck.
Their website track and dyno proven performance, so why not post the details track and dyno proven performance?
I see 10+ HP claims through out the power band? So someone did a dyno, again, why not post it?
Who oversaw the dyno, the manufacture or a customer? Was it tuned vs tuned so it is real gains or was it simply leaning out the OEM ECU AFR.

We have 4 customer provided dynos on our site. All tuned vs tuned, so real gains, not just leaning out the AFR.

Plus we have custom options for ultra lightweight using 321SS thin wall, we have larger diameter primaries/secondaries for stroker motors and a 3" collector option to reduce the torque drop you see past 6000 RPM on stroker motors.
We either have dynos or solid logic backing op our statements.

Not to mention, we have sold 81 of our own S2000 headers, so the community seems to stand behind our design and customization options.

Last edited by Urge; 06-15-2020 at 06:07 AM.
Old 06-25-2020, 12:43 AM

Received 87 Likes on 70 Posts

Has anyone done a dyno comparison between your header & a Hy-Tech? I've got a Hy-Tech RH on my MY07 Civic Si & it's hands down a work of metal art as well as performs like no other. I was just going to go with a Hy-Tech for the S because of the great experience I've had with the brand on the Civic.
Old 06-25-2020, 04:17 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by 02civicsi
Has anyone done a dyno comparison between your header & a Hy-Tech? I've got a Hy-Tech RH on my MY07 Civic Si & it's hands down a work of metal art as well as performs like no other. I was just going to go with a Hy-Tech for the S because of the great experience I've had with the brand on the Civic.
I agree, John is one of the best welders in the header market and makes beautiful looking headers. I have seen 20+ HP gains on B and Series Hondas. However, S2000s are much harder to make power as the OEM header works so well. If you look at the story about our header on our site, a Hytech header was one of the 2 sequentially paired headers we tested early on and we posted that dyno. I know John has made a bunch of power on an S2000 with tuning, cams, ITBs and his header but I have not seen any dynos from customers with just a header.

Our header shows consistent gains from 4 different customer supplied dynos with all of the tuned on both headers so the gains we made are the header and due to combination of tuning.
Also it isolates any AFR gains that most headers benefit from on stock ECUs, where the gains are from AFR lean out vs any scavenging.

Last edited by Urge; 06-25-2020 at 11:28 AM.
Old 08-05-2020, 08:57 PM

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

I'm considering doing a Swaintech White Lighting coating on either my OEM header or this one. Do you think it would be beneficial?
Old 08-06-2020, 04:40 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Live Fast
I'm considering doing a Swaintech White Lighting coating on either my OEM header or this one. Do you think it would be beneficial?
The OEM header is double walled in some places so any coating would have less benefit where it was double walled.
On aftermarket headers like ours, yes coatings will have a benefit of keeping the engine bay cooler and keeping heat in the header to accelerate exhaust through.

Old 08-11-2020, 10:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The results are impressive. Can't you include attachment points for the OEM heat shield, or is that not possible due to the shape/clearance of the header?
Old 08-21-2020, 10:43 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Periodoc
The results are impressive. Can't you include attachment points for the OEM heat shield, or is that not possible due to the shape/clearance of the header?
Yes, room is a limitation and we have less than 5 request for this feature as well.
Most want to save the weight.
Coating the header would provide less heat dissipation under the hood.

Old 08-22-2020, 10:26 PM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Having the optional to put on the OEM heat shield would be great for us CA people that have to deal with smog. Because of this, the only headers I have considered are Mugen and Ballade.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:59 PM

Received 116 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by md6380
Having the optional to put on the OEM heat shield would be great for us CA people that have to deal with smog. Because of this, the only headers I have considered are Mugen and Ballade.
I am in a similar situation.

Quick Reply: URGE Unicorn headers (Best tested S2000 header)