Sponsor S2000 Exterior and S2000 Interior Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 Body and S2000 Interior accessories

Carbon fiber chip guards!

Old 10-28-2017, 05:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hfreak
These parts are more expensive elsewhere but you can do your own research. CF is not cheap to buy. I have similar parts and they do help with chips and road debris.
i did already saved myself 75 dollars + shipping.
to much for a cut out of a straight sheet.
the only reason carbon STILL cost so much is because people pay it without knowing its true cost.

p.s. a carbon hood can be bought for 900- 700 dollars. A HOOD! but 150+ shipping for a piece you can cut off of a scrap sheet.

Last edited by Orleansjunky; 10-28-2017 at 05:34 PM.
Old 10-28-2017, 06:28 PM

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

Yeah euro boutique is smoking crack with their price. This is better, but still too much, and I don't buy cheap parts, but it has to be worth it.
Old 10-30-2017, 12:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

They're made in the USA, cleared, and rubber backing is applied. Sure, they cost a fair amount, but there's a decent amount of labor and overhead that goes into production as well. We produce these parts for certain other vendors as well. I'm happy to run an extra 10% off. Thanks.

And for what it's worth, on those $900 hoods, they're usually a gel coat rather than a clear. And are often fiberglass overlaid with carbon fiber. These are a lot more resistant to UV. They are also more flexible and durable.

Last edited by THMotorsports; 10-30-2017 at 12:22 PM.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by THMotorsports
They're made in the USA, cleared, and rubber backing is applied. Sure, they cost a fair amount, but there's a decent amount of labor and overhead that goes into production as well. We produce these parts for certain other vendors as well. I'm happy to run an extra 10% off. Thanks.

And for what it's worth, on those $900 hoods, they're usually a gel coat rather than a clear. And are often fiberglass overlaid with carbon fiber. These are a lot more resistant to UV. They are also more flexible and durable.
i think a picture of them not installed would help
Old 11-01-2017, 01:58 PM

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

I've decided to give them a try, haven't got around to ordering them yet I probably will tonight, and I'll give a detailed review of them
Old 11-09-2017, 09:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Sure, we could move production to China and it'd be cheaper. But we believe in supporting local small business. Sure, we could cut these out of cheap ABS plastic, but then it wouldn't look as nice.

And sure, if you have the ability, it would cost you less to make them. But it's the same with anything. You can buy a ribeye from the grocery store and cook it at home for $10. Or you can go to a restaurant and have a steak dinner for $30. Does it cost them $30 for that steak? No. But you don't have to cook, or maybe they're better at it than you. They also have to pay their rent, their utilities, their staff, and then hopefully make something for themselves. It's the same thing. I appreciate your opinions, and if you'd like to make your own, by all means, have at it! But not everybody has the ability or knowledge to lay it out, apply resin, vacuum bag it, cure it, clear coat it, etc. Not everybody owns jigsaws, drill presses, etc.

Last edited by THMotorsports; 11-09-2017 at 09:21 AM.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:37 AM

Received 65 Likes on 57 Posts

Still on the fence with this one but black friday pricing may give me that push?
Old 11-19-2017, 06:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AP1 ready to buy guards/spats

Please confirm these are proper fitment on AP1 and send pics of spats so I can decide if buying those as well. Thanks.

Originally Posted by vasquezgno
Really want these, hopefully so group buy or Black Friday deal comes within the next few weeks
Originally Posted by THMotorsports
Check out these gloss clear coated carbon fiber mud/rock guards for sale. These are shot with DeBeer clear on one side and rubber coated on the other side. It will help keep the edges of your fenders (and all up and down the sides of your car) from getting rashed up by rocks and particulate. This is especially important for those of you running wider wheels/lower offsets and stickier tires. Protect your paint and add some flair!

The composition of the mud guards are one layer of 6.2oz carbon fiber, one layer of 19.7oz carbon fiber, vacuum infused with a flexible epoxy resin. These are very thin, very strong and ductile, and very light. They WILL NOT shatter on the highway. These are not cheap "carbon fiber" parts from China. These are handmade right here in Chicago! Support local small businesses! I've smacked many cones and had many off course excursions and haven't broken one yet.

No need to drill your car to mount these! On the AP2, these attach with the OEM screws for the fender liner and a bit of included 3M double sided tape. They will not be going anywhere! Each set includes 4 guards, one for each wheel. And due to popular demand, we've even made them wider!
I'm listing them for $150 shipping and paypal included. Inquire about discounts for local pickup in Chicagoland.

We also make tire spats! These help prevent turbulent air from hitting the tire.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:22 PM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Would love a BF deal
Old 11-22-2017, 02:18 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Me too

Quick Reply: Carbon fiber chip guards!