Sponsor S2000 Exterior and S2000 Interior Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 Body and S2000 Interior accessories

Carbon fiber chip guards!

Old 01-03-2018, 08:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Mugen_is_best
I tried buying these directly from the producer about 2-3 months ago. I was contacted directly thru IG DM after I had left a comment about needing them for my s2k. I was on the fence about spending $150 on a set of pretty mud flaps, but I made the hasty decision to go thru with it. I was told that they are in stock. I made payment, then went of vacation for a two weeks. When I came back I was surprised that the product never made it out to me. I contacted the seller and he made the excuse that he didn't have my address; the address that was provided via chat. I gave him the benefit of doubt and allowed him another 2-3 weeks to deliver the product. It still never came. I contacted the seller again, this time he told me that my specific set had been dropped on the ground and scratched. Again, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. After another 2+ weeks go by before I contacted the seller. This time he told me he's sorry, but he had sold out of his previous batch, and that mine would be next. It was at this point that I decided it wasn't worth having to hassle someone to send product that I paid for months in advance. He asked that I do not do a chargeback on my card because he could use the business.

TL;DR: don't buy these directly from supplier on IG. He will give you the run around because he needs the $; much like WASP composites did.
This has been my experience with him as well despite being friends. Rest assured, I won't give you the run around. I have 2 sets left in stock ready to go. Everybody who has ordered a set in here has received their guards, though in all honesty, some of those who did the pre-buy/group-buy did take longer to deliver than anticipated. I sincerely apologize to those customers, I will happily work with them on any other products in order to make up for it.

I'm still waiting on my hardtop to be finished by Johnny from Carbon Guards. He painted it, but it still needs to be cut, polished, and have the hardware and headliner re-installed. 4.5 months later. He does great work, but going forth, we will either have to do stocking orders with payment contingent on delivery or I will have to seek a new manufacturer.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:32 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Are these still available?
Old 03-01-2018, 06:26 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Interested party here. Just curious does the spat naturally stick out that far? Or is adjustable depending on how it is positioned and installed?
Old 03-02-2018, 10:16 AM
Former Sponsor

The spat will require you to drill holes in the bumper, you can position how far out you want it to stick out. I have it as such to cover how far out my wheel protrudes.

I don't have any of these ready to go at the moment.
Old 03-02-2018, 04:30 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

What is an eta on these?
Old 03-21-2018, 04:59 PM
Former Sponsor

We are currently sold out on the carbon fiber version, however, we do offer all the same great protection at a lower cost in our non carbon version. $60 shipped for these.

As the originators of the Carbon Guards, we received a lot of demand for a lower cost alternative that still helped to protect the fenders and paint from damage. The leading edge is often blasted by little rocks and sand, especially when using sticky tires or low offset wheels. So we have a set of 4 guards that utilize OEM fender liner mounting points behind the wheels to offer protection.

Low offset/wide wheels also stick out past the bumper, this creates drag. You'll see many high performance applications (and even stock Corvettes) utilizing spats in front of the tire to minimize drag.

$60 shipped for either one!

Old 04-11-2018, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How long until the CF ones are available?
Old 05-01-2018, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mud Flaps

Originally Posted by aww_shiet
How long until the CF ones are available?
I second this. Looking for guards for behind the Front & Rear wheels.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mpoganski
I second this. Looking for guards for behind the Front & Rear wheels.
They will be ready to ship by beginning of next week. They will be $150 shipped in the US for a set of 4.

Plastic guards are ready to go $60 shipped for the set of 4.
Old 05-03-2018, 12:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Does a great job of keeping stuff off the fenders and doors and prevents rock chips, especially along the leading edge of the fender.

Quick Reply: Carbon fiber chip guards!