Sponsor S2000 Exterior and S2000 Interior Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 Body and S2000 Interior accessories

RSG///AMUSE Hardtop!

Old 10-10-2012, 11:37 AM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Posting because for some reason the people taking pre-orders for the hardtop they haven't finished knocking off have not.. (sorry to be harsh, but come on..)

Old 10-10-2012, 05:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^ not sure what you are trying to say... a pre order is exactly that.. an order before something is ready. we had to make a few adjustments to our window. the top on the car is one of ours we didnt post that pic here because we wanted to drive more traffic to the FB page. id appreciate it if you took it down.

i stopped in to the window mfg today and things are looking good. still getting the edge paint taken care of. our top and window will be on display at sema this year as well!
Old 10-11-2012, 03:45 PM
Community Organizer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

not everybody is on facebook not looking to put myself out there like that i like my privacy so need pics in both places i spent a lot of money and would like to see what i'm getting so i say the pic stays looking forward to seeing one with the window installed
Old 10-11-2012, 08:21 PM

we had some issues with the window mold. this is what is taking us soo long. its being re worked and should be done early next week. we should have windows next week as well.

even if you dont have facebook, you should still be able to view the pics we post on our threads. just click the fb logo in our thread. it should take you right to our page.

were working as fast as we can to get this project out, not only to get your parts you ordered, but for sema which is coming up quick.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rockstar garage
we had some issues with the window mold. this is what is taking us soo long. its being re worked and should be done early next week. we should have windows next week as well.

even if you dont have facebook, you should still be able to view the pics we post on our threads. just click the fb logo in our thread. it should take you right to our page.

were working as fast as we can to get this project out, not only to get your parts you ordered, but for sema which is coming up quick.
i saw the mugen hardtop you guys made! awesome product!!! my buddy bought it from basis

as soon as i see pics ill put my order in! i live in ontario so if you wouldnt mind id like to see in person!!
Old 10-20-2012, 06:21 PM

Actually a pre-order is taking orders before something is ready to ship, not before it exists.

You guys clearly have the resources to make products of your own design, it's a shame that you don't. Amuse is a small company with great people (just like Mugen and Spoon actually) and I just don't like to see them get f@#ked over sorry. The late Tanaba-san would be pretty disappointed...
Old 10-20-2012, 07:09 PM

^^^
Wrong.

When you do pre orders with cars or houses, they build to suit...from scratch.

Below is a copy /paste of the definition...

pre-order

Definition of pre-order

verb [with object]

place an order for (an item) before it is available for purchase: click on the link below to pre-order the DVD

noun

an order for a product placed before it is available for purchase: pre-orders have already put the book at the top of the bestseller lists
Old 10-22-2012, 07:42 AM

I'm looking forward to more info on this product. Prices specs and pics would be awesome

I am also local so If it's possible to ever drop in to check out the product in person that would be great too.

Big thanks to RSG for putting out this awesome option for the s2k community OEM hardtops are almost impossible to get a good deal on, and I'm not gonna go the $8000 plus route on a HT for a track car.

Good luck and thanks again
Old 10-22-2012, 12:36 PM

you should be able to drop by after this week.. we should have our orders shipping out as they arrived and starting to keep stock..

pics will also be up. our window mold was reinished and were starting production on the windows
Old 10-22-2012, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by the s2k dude
^^^
Wrong.

When you do pre orders with cars or houses, they build to suit...from scratch.

Below is a copy /paste of the definition...

pre-order

Definition of pre-order

verb [with object]

place an order for (an item) before it is available for purchase: click on the link below to pre-order the DVD

noun

an order for a product placed before it is available for purchase: pre-orders have already put the book at the top of the bestseller lists
Did you read the definition you pasted? "available for purchase" not "available. period." People aren't pre-ordering books that haven't been written. The people selling this hardtop will likely make more money than Amuse has ever made on their own hardtop, if they have ever even made back the initial r&d costs they put into it in the first place. If they want to provide a great part for the s2k community, they could buy a bunch of Amuse tops and sell them for cheap and eat the costs, but instead they will turn a nice profit with none of it going back to Amuse. $0. Unless I am badly mistaken. Knocking off a small companies parts knowing they likely won't take legal action against you (they could), to turn a profit on someone else's massive initial investment is the WORST thing they could do for the s2k community. Putting a company like Amuse out of business is somehow good for the s2k community?

News flash, you aren't going to get an Amuse quality top for anything less than Amuse's asking cost. I really am sorry to be so negative as I realize this does in fact take work and it is not without costs, but they are essentially funding a business that isn't legal. Period. Would love to see them try to get money from a bank to fund knocking off a part from a small tuning shop in Japan.

Quick Reply: RSG///AMUSE Hardtop!