Tampa Gulf coast and surrounding areas...there be pirates here!!

EMERGENCY, DETAIL GUY recommendation

Old 04-19-2009, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your only recourse is through the owner of that paint. He has to be held responsible because you might be looking at a total loss of the interior.

IMHO this is a multi thousand dollar accident on his part. sucks for him but you have to start a claim on his insurance or start a reverse claim through your insurance.

You did get the drivers info, right?

Depending on the damage and cost to replace/repair, your car may be totaled at this point
Old 04-19-2009, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by kalibo,Apr 19 2009, 04:08 PM
Did you chase him down and make him pay for it?
Yes, shes giving me her info, and I've claimed via her insurance.

I have it in the garage with wet towels all over it, at least keep it from drying.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:55 PM
vvs

Dude, that is a serious mess. Probably more than what Billy would work on. I would report it to your insurance company. That is a comp claim.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by vvs,Apr 19 2009, 04:55 PM
Dude, that is a serious mess. Probably more than what Billy would work on. I would report it to your insurance company. That is a comp claim.
Well the pain will come off the outside, and all the leather on the inside easilly.

It's going to be the fabric thats a bitch.

I used Brandon paint and body before for work when I had a crash, but they are out of business now. Anyone have a good body shop I can go to, thats good with insurances?
Old 04-19-2009, 03:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vvs,Apr 19 2009, 06:55 PM
Now that I look at the closeup, the interior is beyond cleanup. I would demand a NEW interior. The body paint will probably be able to be saved but I am afraid the interior is toast.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:19 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

kuhn collision

that is a major mess . best way to get it all out is to take the cars interior completely out dash and all

Kuhn deals with all sort of insuranc companies . what insurance you dealing with?
Old 04-19-2009, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by JohnsS2000,Apr 19 2009, 05:19 PM
kuhn collision

that is a major mess . best way to get it all out is to take the cars interior completely out dash and all

Kuhn deals with all sort of insuranc companies . what insurance you dealing with?
She has Geico. I could liquidate my damages and sue her, but I'm being nice and claiming via her insurance.

The paint is coming off the more I soak it, so thats a good thing, but the top is not doing a thing

if you go to the gallery, i have full res pics http://gallery.keekles.org/v/album_001/album/
Old 04-19-2009, 04:02 PM

Seriosly, try the goof off or goo gone. ( you can buy it in the paint section at Wal-mart) Friend who is a paint contractor say it has saved him lots of work recovering from spills. If it is latex paint it will come off very easily and will not hurt the paint ( removing the clear bra on my car I let the stuff soak on to ge the glue off.) if it is oil based it wil tak a little longer but it will work and it has a citrus smell to it.

Good luck, I know you must be sick, just like all of us would be.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:30 PM

Seriously, I wouldn't clean any of it until the adjuster looks at it. But that's me. What do you think James, should he leave it or clean it?
Old 04-19-2009, 04:40 PM

^^

You have pics already, but someone from the insurance company needs to look at it before you try anything.

It's your baby...wishing you the best. Keep us updated!

Quick Reply: EMERGENCY, DETAIL GUY recommendation