Tampa Gulf coast and surrounding areas...there be pirates here!!

I want my S2k

Old 03-30-2009, 07:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want my S2k

So I'm just bored today and felt like whining about waiting to get an S2k.

My wife and I have decided that we're definitely picking one up. We've test driven a few and we're both in love.

We just sold our 02 Protege5 in preperation. We just have to wait till September when my Mazdaspeed Protege will finally be paid off(did 6 year financing) and then we'll probably start looking.

We were set on getting an 05 but now my wife and I have seent hat 06-07s can be had for around 20k w/ low mileage and still have warrantys so we'll probably go for one of those.

So here I sit and wait and just decided to vent lol

Any tidbits of info you guys can provide for our future buy would be great
Old 03-30-2009, 08:07 AM

Get the 06-07, you will be happy you did! Especially if the wife is driving! VSA will save your butt in a LOT of situations!
Old 03-30-2009, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by The Twanksta,Mar 30 2009, 11:07 AM
Get the 06-07, you will be happy you did! Especially if the wife is driving! VSA will save your butt in a LOT of situations!
Yeah I've read thats one of the bigger things added between the 2 years.

My only gripe is that I happen to like the AP2 V1 rims a lot more than the V2 rims, oh well, I cant see them from behind the wheel lol
Old 03-30-2009, 08:25 AM

You will probably find it pretty easy to swap out with another member. The oem wheels get swapped around all day on these forums.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:27 AM

I figured as much I think my wife likes the V2s tho so they'll probably stay lol

Any of you guys use your S as a DD? This will be our DD.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by evil s2k,Mar 30 2009, 12:27 PM
I figured as much I think my wife likes the V2s tho so they'll probably stay lol

Yes. I have put 70K+ miles on mine since 2005. I still am very much in love with the car. Good luck on your purchase. That is a long time to wait.

I have an idea, pay of the other car early......that way you can ge the s quicker

Come on out to some of the meets, everyone will be more than happy to share our vast knowledge of the cars with you.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:41 AM

lol yeah the wait sucks...especially since it seems like since we made that decision we're taunted all the time by passing S2ks. We'll have too look into going to a meet at some point although that could just make the wait harder lol

At least I have my Mazdaspeed as a DD for now, its much more fun to drive than the Protege5 wagon was and I'd get sad seeing it always sit in the garage.

here's a pic for anyone interested. I've had it for almost 6 years and she's still purty heh

Old 03-30-2009, 09:52 AM

With 6 payments left on the car you should be in a good position to trade it in even with the balance. (Unless of course you were planning on keeping it)

Car dealers are making deals now especially during tax refund season. Might be a good time to pull the trigger. I would see what kind of deal they would offer me and if it isn't one that you can live with you can always wait the 6 payments out.

Good Luck!

Ps. If you are going to the SPGP this weekend stop by the RV Spot where all the S2k's are and say hello!
Old 03-30-2009, 09:55 AM

Oh no we're keeping the Mazdaspeed. I <3 the car, its so fun to drive and the turbo gives it just enough power to make it interesting.

We're just going to be smart about it and wait till we dont have payments on this anymore....

Unless of course a low mileage white AP2 comes along(thats the color I'd really like to have) hahaha

I'm waiting to hear from a buddy on whether or not he's going to hook me up with tickets for the SPGP so if I end up making it we'll definitely have to find you guys
Old 03-30-2009, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by evil s2k,Mar 30 2009, 08:27 AM

I havent had mine for about 6 months now, and wish I still had it! I had mine for about a year and put nearly 50k miles on it! I enjoyed driving it everyday, Id even just go drive around town for no reason almost daily! haha! BTW, i had a 07 model.

Quick Reply: I want my S2k