Tampa Gulf coast and surrounding areas...there be pirates here!!

other modded-Honda shops in the area?

Old 10-20-2015, 04:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default other modded-Honda shops in the area?

Hey, guys. I have an issue with my CRX that I'd ideally like to have LHT handle, but they're booked solid till late November, and I'd prefer not to wait that long, so I figured I'd ask you all for suggestions for alternate places that can fix/tune modded Hondas. Without boring you with the details -- the PO cut corners with the swap, and the probable fix will be to replace the fuel injectors, put in a Hondata ECU, and then tune it. Is there any place around here (besides LHT) that you'd trust to do this job? Anywhere in the Tampa/St Pete area is fine, and Orlando would also be OK.

Thanks,
Rob
Old 10-20-2015, 04:51 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by robhoy
Hey, guys. I have an issue with my CRX that I'd ideally like to have LHT handle, but they're booked solid till late November, and I'd prefer not to wait that long, so I figured I'd ask you all for suggestions for alternate places that can fix/tune modded Hondas. Without boring you with the details -- the PO cut corners with the swap, and the probable fix will be to replace the fuel injectors, put in a Hondata ECU, and then tune it. Is there any place around here (besides LHT) that you'd trust to do this job? Anywhere in the Tampa/St Pete area is fine, and Orlando would also be OK.

Thanks,
Rob
Orlando- RealStreetPerformance if LHT Performance is booked
Old 10-20-2015, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by JUSTINTHECOASTIE
Orlando- RealStreetPerformance if LHT Performance is booked
Thanks, Justin! I'll check them out. Hopefully I'll be back out with the CRX and see you at a C&C soon
Old 10-21-2015, 10:34 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Racing Integration - Collin
Old 10-26-2015, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by JohnsS2000
Thanks, John! Unfortunately RI is also booked solid for the next month.

Collin (of RI) suggested I work with Neil Sutton (of NS Racing in Tampa). Have any of you worked with him before? Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Rob
Old 10-26-2015, 04:29 PM

I have not
Old 10-29-2015, 05:57 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by robhoy
Originally Posted by JohnsS2000' timestamp='1445452451' post='23782376
Thanks, John! Unfortunately RI is also booked solid for the next month.

Collin (of RI) suggested I work with Neil Sutton (of NS Racing in Tampa). Have any of you worked with him before? Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Rob
I have not, however if Collin is giving the suggestion I would check into his shop(RS). If John at LHT made a suggestion like this I would listen also since they would not steer you wrong.
Old 10-31-2015, 06:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tell you we need to figure out something in this area. We have some superior choices and they are understandably booked. For my one S2000 this does not pose an issue. But for the daily driver this poses serious problems. I handle all my fluid changes and regular maint items. But when something a little more serious occurs and it's the daily, waiting weeks or even just days to schedule doesn't cut it. Kuhn is handy and I can just drive it over unannounced. But the prices are just fracking ridiculous and it isn't just the labor...the parts prices are outright robbery. Have dumped a lot of loot.....I mean ALOT at Kuhn between 2 cars since March.

Need to go over there with a tube of K-Y and they need to hand me a smoke when we're done. But they generally do a good job.
Old 11-01-2015, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by cosmo rockit
I tell you we need to figure out something in this area. We have some superior choices and they are understandably booked. For my one S2000 this does not pose an issue. But for the daily driver this poses serious problems. I handle all my fluid changes and regular maint items. But when something a little more serious occurs and it's the daily, waiting weeks or even just days to schedule doesn't cut it. Kuhn is handy and I can just drive it over unannounced. But the prices are just fracking ridiculous and it isn't just the labor...the parts prices are outright robbery. Have dumped a lot of loot.....I mean ALOT at Kuhn between 2 cars since March.

Need to go over there with a tube of K-Y and they need to hand me a smoke when we're done. But they generally do a good job.
I agree. My S2000 is covered but when something happens to the automatic TSX, i have limited choice on who I want to "bend me over" now
Old 11-02-2015, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by JohnsS2000
I have not, however if Collin is giving the suggestion I would check into his shop(RS). If John at LHT made a suggestion like this I would listen also since they would not steer you wrong.
Hi, John. Sure, of course, I was just curious.

I did take it to Neil on Saturday. He's clearly quite experienced at working on modded Hondas. My CRX (which has a B20/VTEC engine) turned out to have several problems. He took care of a couple of them for a reasonable price. Seems very competent!

He owns a nice S, so some of you may want to consider him as an option....

Quick Reply: other modded-Honda shops in the area?