Tampa Gulf coast and surrounding areas...there be pirates here!!

Top replacement in Brandon/Valrico?

Old 07-01-2012, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top replacement in Brandon/Valrico?

Hey everyone,

I am needing to have my top replaced. I think I'm going with the Robbins canvas top, but from what I've read I think I want to have someone install it for me. Does anyone know of a shop in Brandon/Valrico/East Tampa that is familiar with the S2k and trustworthy for the top replacement? Thanks in advance!

Greg
Old 07-01-2012, 02:40 PM

IMO only one choice in the Bay area, contact LHT. They are in Pinellas county but they are very reasonable, very knowledgable about the S2K and well worth the drive.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with the lht recommendation
Old 07-02-2012, 05:36 AM

That was the one I had seen, just wondering if there was one closer. Thanks for the info.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:54 PM

Ok so I talked to a guy at LHT and he said that they will only install OEM tops now. I was pretty set on the Robbins canvas top before. Anyone have this top and have you had any issues? It seemed most people I saw liked it better than OEM and it is less expensive too. Any feedback is appreciated.

Greg
Old 07-03-2012, 04:30 AM

I have seen the Robbins top installed and IMHO it does not look or rest as fitted as the OEM top. It has a much different look and changes the shape of the car, to me. I am going glass window style as soon as i can. When I do, I will save up the extra cash and go OEM.

my .02
Old 07-06-2012, 06:24 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Robbins and the cloth is very nice. The top looked amazing for a few days until it stretched. Now the rear window sags a little and will occasionally bump against the roll hoops. Its not a big deal but in hindsight I would rather have spent the extra on an OEM top. I would also recommend having LHT install it. I installed mine and it wasn't hard but it took 6 hrs and removing and reinstalling the interior was a PITA. Hope this helps.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:31 AM

I've had a Robbins top on my S for about a year now. The only issue I have with it is a slight rub at the very back lower edge of the side windows. This is starting to fray the fabric and will only get worse as time goes on. I don't know if that is the result of a poorly installed top (the dealer installed it and raped me at the same time) or if it just doesn't fit right. I like the fabric material better that the PVC OEM material.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:27 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I only recommended the Honda OEM top, We have installed many tops and nothing fits and performs like the original. The OEM fits perfect and holds up for years to come,If you plan on keeping the car it's worth it to go OEM.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:05 PM

^^^^this

Quick Reply: Top replacement in Brandon/Valrico?