Tennessee S2000 Owners Tennessee - The Volunteer State.

Chattanooga area peeps?

Old 04-07-2006, 08:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Chattanooga area peeps?

Smoky Mountain folks!

I live in Charlotte, but am starting a new project in Chattanoonga on 4/10, and will be working there during the week (Mon-Thurs) until July, so I'm hoping some of you may want to get together for a happy hour or something so I can get an occaisional S2K "fix."

Most weeks, I'll fly in, but I going to drive my S over on Easter Sunday, work Mon-Wed, then head over to Fontana for Wake the Dragon early on Thursday, 4/20.

I'll drive back from WTD on Sun, 4/23, so I'll have her with me all that week as well. If anyone is leaving from/driving through Chattanooga to go to WTD on 4/20, just let me know if you'd like to meet up somewhere and caravan over.

I look forward to meeting some locals sometime soon, and maybe experiencing some area roads!
Old 04-07-2006, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sheila,

I hope my guys treat you to a round or two while you in the nooga. See you at WTD.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:33 PM

Sheila,

Glad to see you coming into the area. Will Ron be joining you any? There are some nice drives in the area and we would be happy to head out for some evening drives.

Curious as to what the project is that is bringing you to Chattanooga.

Hope they are providing you with good digs while you are here. I will be more than happy to direct you to some of our better eating establishments.

I do think that there are a couple of people riding over to the dragon on the 20th. The Atlanta group may be coming through this way also.

Hope to see you soon.

Bill
Old 04-09-2006, 07:34 AM

Thanks, guys! I'll look around for a caravan to WTD post the next couple of weeks.

I'll be working at BlueCross BlueShield Tennessee in downtown Chattanooga, and staying at the Sheraton Read House, which is a very nice hotel, and is walking distance to my client site. I've been there briefly twice recently, and really liked downtown, so I'm looking forward to staying there again.

Hope to be able to see some of you in the near future!
Old 04-09-2006, 05:37 PM

Listen to Bill Shelia! We just got back from Chattanooga this weekend for our 1 year reunion, and it was awesome! We stayed at the Read House, and it was excellent. (Sorry Bill, the Chattanoogan was full.) Bill sent us to the best restaurant we have ever been to!! Go eat at St. John's and get the lamb. It was the best meat I have ever tasted!! If you have time check out the Chattanooga Nature Center, it was nice. The art district is nice also.

Sorry, so much to say about it after a great weekend! Enjoy!!
Old 04-09-2006, 06:29 PM

St. John's Especially when you can expense it.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:03 PM

Bill, you are the expert in Chattanooga, so I want to run this by you too. A couple years ago, we were in Chattanooga for weeks at a stretch, and a couple of the AUSAs stayed at the Stone Fort Inn in downtown (near the federal court house). We got a tour of the place and it was gorgeous. The women in the group especially raved about the rooms and decorations, etc.

http://www.stonefortinn.com/theinn.asp

whatdoyathink

jamie
Old 04-13-2006, 05:45 PM

Great place. I mentioned it to Rob also. Do not eat there. There are better places to dine in town.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:05 AM

I saw an 04-05 Suzuka blue on Broad St. Wed evening around 6:00 pm, woman driving. I waved, but she'd passed on by. Anyone on the board?

I'll definitely have to check out St. John.

Hey Bill, why aren't you going to WTD? Would love to see you again!
Old 04-14-2006, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by smccoy,Apr 14 2006, 12:05 PM
I saw an 04-05 Suzuka blue on Broad St. Wed evening around 6:00 pm, woman driving. I waved, but she'd passed on by. Anyone on the board?

I'll definitely have to check out St. John.

Hey Bill, why aren't you going to WTD? Would love to see you again!
It is simply way to large of an event for me. I am a small group kind of guy.

The real truth is my wife only gave me permission to attend two meets . Looks like it will be SESM and Dragonball run.

Quick Reply: Chattanooga area peeps?