Tennessee S2000 Owners Tennessee - The Volunteer State.

The end of an era.....

Old 01-24-2016, 11:52 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default The end of an era.....

So I haven't been on here to actually post anything in a little while and haven't really posted many details on Facebook, so I figured I'd make a quick thread.

Life has its way of throwing some nasty curveballs and I've definitely been dealt my fair share over the past few months. Still haven't seen my kids since the day before Thanksgiving due to their Mother using the legal system in every way she can (unfoundedly). My divorce went from not so fun, to completely exhausting. Over the past few weeks, I have been tying up loose ends here in Tennessee and finishing up what work I have here to do in preparation for my move.

Yes, a move. I will be relocating to Texas at the end of this week to get a fresh start. Things are starting to reach resolve when it comes to the divorce and such, so hopefully all that will be behind me sooner rather than later. I will be back semi-frequently to see my kids as soon as custody is ironed out and finalized, so I'll still make it a point to catch up with you guys at BWW's or Twin Peaks from time to time.

Obviously with me relocating, I'm going to need to give up my Community Organizer status. I have had a lot of fun here in Tennessee and have met a great group of fellow S2000 (and car) enthusiasts. You guys (I know a lot of you are hardly active anymore), made me feel extremely welcomed when I first moved here from Connecticut when I got out of the Navy, and many of you are truly like family to me. It is you guys that I will miss the most about Tennessee, since I don't really have any actual family here other than my two Sons.

I have applied for and interviewed for multiple jobs in Texas and have a very promising interview coming up next Monday, so please keep me in your thoughts and prayers that things will start looking up. Life has been exhausting, but I'm not one to give up without a fight. I'm happy to have been surrounded by so many kind and caring people while living here. Really going to miss you guys. I'll definitely try and stay active in here once things settle down, going anywhere else would just feel wrong.

Thanks again to all of you who have been there for me, been loyal friends (and customers), and been family. The countless nights without sleep and hours spent on the road to source parts in a pinch were all completely worth it.

Until we meet again,
Jordan
Old 01-24-2016, 12:00 PM
Former Moderator

Received 5,250 Likes on 4,492 Posts

Good luck, Jordan. I am sorry this has happened. I don't know if I said that before, but I am sorry. I hope that the move is the beginning of something better for you. I am glad to have met you the few times I did.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:00 AM
Former Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hope the new job works out and you can get everything straightened out to see those boys again.
Old 01-26-2016, 05:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best of luck to your new venture and I hope you get to visit your kids soon. I will stay in touch with you and THANK YOU for all the help you have given me over the years.
Old 01-26-2016, 07:11 AM
Community Organizer

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Sorry this has happened to you Jordan. Just want to thank you for all of you help you given me. Good luck in the next chapter of your life and make sure to let us all know when you're back in town.
Old 01-26-2016, 08:51 AM

Hate that this is happening buddy. Hope it all works out for everyone's best, primarily the kiddos!

Let us know when you are back in town for sure.

Thanks for all the work youve done for me over the years
Old 01-26-2016, 09:17 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Best wishes to you, Jordan. It was a pleasure meeting you and I hope you land on your feet in Texas!
Old 01-26-2016, 05:10 PM
Administrator

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts

Sorry to read this. Keep your head up, Jordan. You're still young and have your whole life ahead of you. If you prefer, I can begin the nomination process. LMK. Whereabouts in Texas?
Old 01-27-2016, 05:37 AM

Thanks everyone! I'll definitely still be "around"

Originally Posted by JulieU
Sorry to read this. Keep your head up, Jordan. You're still young and have your whole life ahead of you. If you prefer, I can begin the nomination process. LMK. Whereabouts in Texas?
That'd be fine, Julie. I will be in the Dallas area, McKinney to be specific.
Old 01-27-2016, 11:18 AM

If I knew Id for sure be back in another s2k within the next few months, Id like to jump back into the CO role, but only time will tell

Quick Reply: The end of an era.....