Tennessee S2000 Owners Tennessee - The Volunteer State.

Greater Knoxville Area Trusted Mechanics??

Old 10-23-2018, 05:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Greater Knoxville Area Trusted Mechanics??

Any owners in the East Tennessee area have suggestions for S2000 maintenance like valve adjustments, leak down tests, etc. I really want to find some shops around the Knoxville area that you guys find to be extremely knowledgable and capable, especially with troubleshooting engine issues. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:02 PM
Community Organizer

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

I wish I could help. I've always did the valve adjustment myself. What year S2k you have? I have an AP1 .pdf service manual.

I've heard Deftmotion is pretty good with S2k's, but he is here in Middle TN.
Old 11-04-2018, 04:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

JT Grail did the LS swap on my car and has been working with Honda's for a while. Would highly recommend him! His shop is called Freedom Motorworx and Fabrication based out of Oak Ridge. Tell him Ryan with the LS swapped S2k sent you.
Old 05-14-2023, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, Gang - Knocking on this thread to see if I can locate a reputable, dependable S2000 shop in the Knoxville-to-Chattanooga corridor. Relocated to Athens, TN from Northern California about a year ago and my 2006 stock AP2 woke up a few days ago needing an oil change. I'm willing to take it to a dealer for that service, but I would enjoy finding someone who can also provide more S2000-specific mechanical and drivetrain TLC. The days of being able to do my own work are far behind me. But I still love the S2k as my daily driver and especially looking forward to taking it on the roads of East Tennessee.

I saw the recommendation for Freedom Motorworx and Fabrication but according to Google, they are permanently closed.

Last edited by NJOYSKY; 06-05-2023 at 07:27 AM.
Old 05-14-2023, 03:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NJOYSKY
Hi, Gang - Knocking on this thread to see if I can locate a reputable, dependable S2000 shop in the Knoxville-to-Chattanooga corridor. Relocated to Athens, TN from Northern California about a year ago and my 2006 stock AP2 work up a few days ago needing an oil change. I'm willing to take it to a dealer for that service, but I would enjoy finding someone who can also provide more S2000-specific mechanical and drivetrain TLC. The days of being able to do my own work are far behind me. But I still love the S2k as my daily driver and especially looking forward to taking it on the roads of East Tennessee.

I saw the recommendation for Freedom Motorworx and Fabrication but according to Google, they are permanently closed.
Hey there, NJOYSKY! Welcome to East Tennessee! Hope you're enjoying it so far. It's with deep sadness that I pass along that JT, the owner of that shop, actually passed away. He was such an amazing mechanic and fabricator - brilliant guy. I sold my S at the end of 2020, but I've continued to hear accolades from other S owners about Deft Motion in Murfreesboro (their website: https://deftmotion.com/?fbclid=IwAR3...c0QkdUYmYlkpLc )

I actually moved to Colorado after selling my S, so I haven't been part of that scene for a few years now. I never could find more S2000 specific or even Honda specific shops in the Knoxville area when I was there. You may end up having to widen your search to include Nashville metro or Atlanta metro. But try giving Deft Motion a call and see if they are the type of place you're looking for. Hope this is helpful. Apologies I don't have more info. Should be moving back to that area before too long, so hopefully I'll be back in the East TN Honda owners groups again.
Old 05-14-2023, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bpro_r8
Hey there, NJOYSKY! Welcome to East Tennessee! Hope you're enjoying it so far. It's with deep sadness that I pass along that JT, the owner of that shop, actually passed away. He was such an amazing mechanic and fabricator - brilliant guy. I sold my S at the end of 2020, but I've continued to hear accolades from other S owners about Deft Motion in Murfreesboro (their website: https://deftmotion.com/?fbclid=IwAR3...c0QkdUYmYlkpLc )

I actually moved to Colorado after selling my S, so I haven't been part of that scene for a few years now. I never could find more S2000 specific or even Honda specific shops in the Knoxville area when I was there. You may end up having to widen your search to include Nashville metro or Atlanta metro. But try giving Deft Motion a call and see if they are the type of place you're looking for. Hope this is helpful. Apologies I don't have more info. Should be moving back to that area before too long, so hopefully I'll be back in the East TN Honda owners groups again.
Thanks for your quick reply. I've seen references to Deft Motion on a few threads and I've checked out their web site. They look like a shop I might be interested in trying but I wonder if they would be interested in working on a stock daily driver. Plus they're about 2.5 hours away. But it may be worth the drive to get quality work. Thanks again for the tip!