Tennessee S2000 Owners Tennessee - The Volunteer State.

OMG I hate NOob Mechanics

Old 08-30-2008, 07:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile OMG I hate NOob Mechanics

I have never really really listened to the saying if you want it done right do it your self... until now. So My first clutch was an ok aftermarket not the best one ever to be honest. I should have done better. So I am a little hard on my S every other weekend but nothing ever too bad. But that clutch that I got wore out really fast cuz it was faulty. So it went out after only a few months of driving. So I take my S to the mechanic to ask to check it out and let me know how bad it is. He says you need a new one. So I went the smart route this time and actually got the clutch that my precious deserves. It takes a week or two to get it in. When it does come in I take it strait to my mechanic and say lets install this bad boy. At this point the transmission is all ready out which everyone here knows you have to drop the engine 6" to get it out properly. I digress so he gets the clutch and installs it. Then I get a call saying that my motor mounts are all of a sudden magically broken when he tried to put everything back. And the hose between that master and the slave cylinder is torn. I ask him how that happend. He says he didn't do it. He says it was already like that when he got it. So then I ask how did you not notice before when you removed them? He is speachless. But charges me any way. I tell him what ever install it I just want my car back and I am never coming back here again. Then he says ok it is ready come get it so I show and they drop it down and pull it out. I tried to take off and there is a loud grinding noise and my car goes no where. I tell him I dont know what that noise is but you fix it immediately. So he finds out the problem and we work a little deal where I pay for the parts to fix and he takes off all the labor for everything. I wasmt going to do it. But then my brother was like just pay it and get your car back and move on. So I did it was working great. This is last Wed. BTW. Then my exhaust comes in perfect time to install. Easy job takes an hour may be a little more with all the goofing around. But I do work all day every day so I was going to do it at night. But my friend and I were tiered so some how he talked me into just getting it done pro. in the morning. Its cheap and then it will be done immediatlly. Take it in its like $76 for the install it will be ready in an hour or less. Three hours go by.. ...I call. Ask is everything ok. Yeah the exhaust is on it sounds amazing one of the best i have heard Blah blah blah. then he says "We are just looking for a part for your car."
me-"WHAT, what part"
Douche-"Well, ha ha, you have a very touchy clutch." BTW this is not funny at all
Me-"Yes I know it is new. Only has 150 miles on it. Why? how do you know that?"
Douche-"Well it sounded great and I had to test it out before we sent it to you. And I drove it down the street shifted to second not knowing the clutch was so sensitive and hit the gas a little too hard and broke your axle on the drivers side. I am a retarded big bag of douche who cant drive for shit and shouldnt be near cars." I added in the last part but that is what I heard
Me-"WHAT THE F#@K!!!!!!!! SO YOU ARE GOING TO FIX IT RIGHT!!"
Big Bag Of DOuche-"Yeah we are looking for the part we will have it fixed for you by tonight we are doing our best. but we need you to buy the part"
Me-"what no you broke it. It was fine when I brought it in I am not paying for that."
BBDOuche-"We wont charge you for labor."
Me-"I am not paying for the part you broke it you fix it."
BBDouche-"How about this you just pay for the part and we wont charge you for the exhaust install or labor or anything else."
My brother talks me into just paying for the part so I just get my car back and be done with it. So I tell them to do it. Then they say well your part cant be shipped to this area today and we are not open at all this weekend but we will finish your car tuesday morning by nine. I am so pissed at them for being retarded and at my self for being such a push over. Thoughts, opinions, ideas, and tear downs needed. Some one please talk some sense into me. Sorry then post was so long I just had to let it out before I drove down to that shop and beat that mechanic down. OHH yeah and sorry I cant spell to save my life.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:31 AM

Cliff notes: Takes car to get exhaust installed. Shop breaks axle on "test drive". Owner not happy.

That sucks dude. Sorry to hear that you had so much trouble over the last few weeks. Lesson learned?
Old 08-30-2008, 08:54 AM

Man that freakin sucks. What shop are you taking it to? I wouldn't have paid them schit.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:36 AM

Maybe it's in the , but names of the shops would be nice to know so others don't go there.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:39 AM

yeah, really.
next time, if you can't do it, and none of us can do it, take it to will's shop or somethin.

I really want to know what shop this is...
Old 08-30-2008, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by breakneckS2k,Aug 30 2008, 11:39 AM
yeah, really.
next time, if you can't do it, and none of us can do it, take it to will's shop or somethin.

I really want to know what shop this is...
Old 08-30-2008, 09:43 AM

^ ...in for shops name!
Old 08-30-2008, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by IlleztImportz,Aug 30 2008, 11:43 AM
^ ...in for shops name!
Old 08-30-2008, 10:09 AM

god, that's basically the worst story I've ever heard...
"Well, it sounded great, so we had to test it out."
Old 08-30-2008, 10:10 AM

There is no need to test drive car after installing a exhaust. They just wanted to go drive the piss out of it.

Quick Reply: OMG I hate NOob Mechanics