Tennessee S2000 Owners Tennessee - The Volunteer State.

Politics Talk...keep it in here

Old 07-28-2008, 06:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Politics Talk...keep it in here

Cross-posted from another forum I whore, my current dilemna:

With the election looming over our heads, Ive began to dread the upcoming media firestorm of bullcrap that is coming our way. Granted, we have no choice but to endure through it and pick a side. However, up to this point, I can't say Im supportive of either presidential hopeful. I for one do not think it's right to just pick the "lesser of two evils" and cross my fingers. I don't want to shut my eyes and point, flip a coin, throw a dart, etc. Lastly, I absolutely do NOT want to not vote as I do not want to be "that guy" that bitches and complains about the (to be elected) current administration all the while never voting, and in my opinion, earning that "bitching right". What other options are out there? Pencil in Ron Paul (or any other independent candidate). If I vote for someone I know won't win, then I can't feel bad about complaining about a complete goof-off that (may) be in the oval office.

CN: This is my first time voting in a presidential election and I cannot stand the crookedness that is politics and don't know what to do about it.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:42 AM
Former Moderator

Received 5,250 Likes on 4,492 Posts

turd sandwich or a giant douche - take your pick. You know this.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:50 AM

So true.

-Matt
Old 07-28-2008, 06:55 AM
Former Moderator

I want to believe in Obama, but history says he's just another liar, like all the rest, preaching reform and leaving us with nothing but more problems... America is too ignorant for change - as tragic as 9/11 was I don't think it was enough to set us straight + plus nothing positive came out of it except for that month's worth of "kumbaya" b.s. We just assign blame and keep on keepin' on.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:58 AM

Not to mention how the media can transform that "everyman" into the Devil's on child if they want to. I think itd be nice to go back to old-school politics where no one knew the dirt on the candidates (and said "dirt" never played into their campaign, choices, etc for the most part). Would Lincoln have been president in today's world? Nope, too ugly. Would FDR? Nope, couldnt walk. It's ashame that one of the most important aspects in American culture is being blown around like a fart in the wind by the media and will never offer us an unbiased look on anything, political or not. Just like everything else, politics has become a superficial popularity contest.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:03 AM
Former Moderator

kinda the best liar wins - they're liars to begin with - then they have to take on the media's b.s. and then rearrange the lies and still come out on top
Old 07-28-2008, 07:08 AM

Well, I should say that there was always mudslingin' between the candidates, it's just that technology has advanced enough so we are all unfortunately are getting dragged through the proverbial mudpit of crap along with everyone else.

-Matt
Old 07-28-2008, 08:15 AM

All this scares me. Theres nothing you can do. You can vote for who you'd think would be the best but who's to say they will actually do what they said to begin with.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Fuelrush,Jul 28 2008, 12:15 PM
All this scares me. Theres nothing you can do. You can vote for who you'd think would be the best but who's to say they will actually do what they said to begin with.
Unfortunately if you have enough money and influence they will do what you want. To me that's the gist of the problem. There should be term limits and lobbying should be illegal (just like bribery).
Old 07-28-2008, 09:01 AM

Ive been toying with the idea of starting a topic like this

Quick Reply: Politics Talk...keep it in here