Tennessee S2000 Owners Tennessee - The Volunteer State.

Recommended New Top?

Old 08-28-2008, 02:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommended New Top?

Ok gang my little S2K (2002 with glass) convertible top is starting to show some wear and I am in the early stages of trying to figure out what to budget for a new one and whom to have it done by. I am all ears to all suggestions or recommendations. Any estimated costs are appreciated too. I will sit back and listen now! I am in the Knoxville area.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:30 AM

I replaced mine with the Robbins top with the glass window:

http://www.robbinsautotopco.com/homepage.html

I've been very pleased with it so far. Can't recall the price just now.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haven't had to do this yet but I've heard nothing but good about the Robbins top.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:19 PM

Personally i would just get a hard top and be done with it. I dont have my top down that often anyways unless its in the morning or late at night. Thats just my opinion though.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:19 PM

Id only have a hardtop in the winter. My top is down all the time unless it's less than 20* or raining...

-Matt
Old 08-28-2008, 09:11 PM

i know that if you go with the oem and installation at a honda dealer it will run you pretty high, if i recall over 2k+. I have the same issue with my top, but haven't had the "funds" to get it changed out. I believe hollywoods2k had replaced his himself and offered to help me change it out a while back, but i havent been able to get to it just yet... self installation would save on the labor cost which is where all the $$$ goes to
Old 08-29-2008, 04:37 AM

I went to the Robbins site, and found a local installer called Precision Window Tint-Seats & Stuff, located in West Knox. I spoke with them and the guy there said while he liked the Robbins top he didnt really like it on the S2k, he had another top manufacturer he recommended for the S2k. He advised an ESTIMATED cost of $1500-1800 to replace the top. So I wanted to post this so others have an idea of what a top, with glass installed would run.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:22 AM

That seems a bit high. As I recall I paid a little over $1200 for the top and had the driver's side seat bolster redone. After seeing the DIY thread on top replacement I knew it was something I didn't want to undertake.

If you can find someone who's done it maybe they'll be up for helping.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:48 AM

id probably give the replacement a try...that being said ive heard nothing but positive feedback on the robin's tops. Im getting a touch close to replacing mine as well.......
Old 09-01-2008, 05:51 PM

Ok...I guess I am still the only idiot around here that has done this so here goes, lol.

I ordered my Robbins top from topsonline after the plastic (MY01) rear window busted. I ordered the glass conversion with defroster (which still hasnt been hooked up). If memory serves it was around $750. For you MY02+ guys this would be a slightly easier task. That being said, it would still take 8-10 hours. It is by no means hard to do for the most part, just incredibly time consuming. But with a good weekend and a few beers and a helping hand or two it isnt TO frustrating.

As an added bonus you get to clean all of your interior parts real well while they are out of the car, lol. If you need any more info or anything really I am here. I dont post very often, but I sign on almost every day.

BTW, I see you are in Luttrell, I am not to far from you. I work in Tazewell.

Quick Reply: Recommended New Top?