Tennessee S2000 Owners Tennessee - The Volunteer State.

WTD7 - 2009 Event Registration now OPEN!

Old 01-27-2009, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not sure of robins last name...if its the same person my mistake. I think my confusion was registration vs staying at the resort. sorry!!
Old 01-27-2009, 04:36 PM

I might go on Sat. Definately not paying to go drive a local road.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:50 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by S2OOO' date='Jan 27 2009, 08:36 PM
I might go on Sat. Definately not paying to go drive a local road.
You're NOT paying to drive a local road.

You are paying to register for our 7th annual event that brings S2000 owners and enthusiasts together. Your fee covers an event t-shirt, logo art work, magnet, meals, etc.

Don't get confused and think we are charging anyone to drive on a local road which is paid for by Tennessee and North Carolina tax money.

We are able to have these events (again, our 7th annual Spring event...and this Fall will be our 9th annual) because of owners finding the "value" in registering.

For you local guys, I understand it's not much of an investment for you to drive 15~20 minutes onto the Dragon. For folks coming from NY, OH, FL, etc...these folks appreciate the level of planning that comes from these events.

Please don't make comments as if we charge people to enjoy the roads.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:52 AM

Raul, Members here were just voicing their opinion. I think its well know, especially in both of our areas, that there is not a charge to drive the road. I think its safe to say the comments above were generalizations.

Best of luck with WTD 09 and thanks for your work toward the event.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:25 PM

Airgate:

Just making a statement since myself and probaly several others do not see the value. No need to be defensive, I think we all know its a free road.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by TheLoons12,Jan 26 2009, 11:41 PM
yea ive seen a lot of local people go up and hang out during the event without paying. I think Robin and Justin have both done it without problems.

Ill probably be doing something similar this year. All of our money is going toward a wedding and house this year so the extra 300/400 bucks will be useful. Anyone planning on staying up there?
I've aways paid too. I never miss. I hope to attend this year as well.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:57 AM

I take that back the one time I won Free registration!
Old 02-20-2009, 06:19 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fuelrush,Feb 20 2009, 09:57 AM
I take that back the one time I won Free registration!
Yep...and the many *challenges* of registering with that "FREE" discount.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:11 AM

I knew you were going to go there...

Old 02-20-2009, 09:51 AM

A bit of rambling, but this is my thoughts on the locals involvement with WTD. This is just random rambling, but maybe a starting point.

The value of all the hard work, time and effort is an amazing wealth for people that do not live in the area, and something that demands great praise and respect, along with deserving every penny paid to the organizers. I do not think anyone will argue this...

But for the locals, its just not worth the time and effort. Who plans a vacation with hotels and dinners in their own hometown? It would be nice if something small could be worked out for the locals who just want to stop in for a few hours to mingle with the group.

I personally like to head up, check out all the cars, chit chat for a bit, possibly go on a run, and then head home. No need for the dinners, hotel arrangements, and all the other things that benefit people traveling for the event.

An option for the locals to simply get a T-Shirt, and go on one organized run would be great. Charge for the T-shirt, and add a few dollars on top for the staff. No magnets, lanyards, maps, etc...

It wouldn't take any additional effort on the planners, just have one of our CO's handle it.

The Smoky Mountain CO would get a list of people before the event, and gather money. During check-in, the CO would go to the registration point and trade the money out for T-Shirts and meeting place / time for a group run.

If a local want more than that, then register 100% like everyone else.

Maybe something to think about for next year....

Quick Reply: WTD7 - 2009 Event Registration now OPEN!