Texas - Central Texas S2000 Owners Central Texas S2000 Owners

[AUS] Dinner Meet in North Austin - Take Two | Tuesday, October 1

Old 09-26-2019, 02:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by youngturk
What year is your car?
2005. My IG is ccortez819. Add me anytime. I’m also planning a cruise to COTA for Saturday. Check out the forum. Next to yours. Thanks.
Old 09-27-2019, 07:47 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Gotta work, wish I could make it out, but I’m glad to see more interest back on the forum
Old 09-28-2019, 06:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Meet Up

Hey Guys! I'm Adam, the one who just moved here from Minnesota. I will be unable to bring my S to the meet up Tuesday as my oil and tranny fluids are dangerously low. I no longer have access to a friends lift so I now am at the mercy of shops in the area to perform the work. Sad to say I wont be getting the fluid changed out until Wednesday. Do any of the fellow members on here have a lift and drain pan I could use to perform the work myself!? If not, I'll be showing up to meet everyone but I'll park far away in my rusted up Chevy Avalanche haha
Old 09-28-2019, 07:16 AM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sexysilvers2000
Hey Guys! I'm Adam, the one who just moved here from Minnesota. I will be unable to bring my S to the meet up Tuesday as my oil and tranny fluids are dangerously low. I no longer have access to a friends lift so I now am at the mercy of shops in the area to perform the work. Sad to say I wont be getting the fluid changed out until Wednesday. Do any of the fellow members on here have a lift and drain pan I could use to perform the work myself!? If not, I'll be showing up to meet everyone but I'll park far away in my rusted up Chevy Avalanche haha
Hi Adam,

Great to hear from you. If you want to get it done soon, I recommend you take your car to Auto-Spec in Round Rock on Monday. They specialize in Miatas and S2000s. I get all my service done there. They have treated me well for almost ten years, never overcharge me, their prices are reasonable, and they always handle my cars with care. Their number is (512) 472-4977. Give them a call and they should be able to squeeze you in with short notice.

I am sorry I do not have a lift to offer.
The following users liked this post:
DuckyIsMe (09-28-2019)
Old 09-28-2019, 01:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sexysilvers2000
Welcome to Austin. I have stands and low profile jack if your willing to do your own work. Send me a message on IG if you're interested @ccortez819
Old 09-30-2019, 11:40 AM

As a thank you to all who come out, I am going to bring a Meguiar's bag which includes one Ultimate Detailer, one glass cleaner, and one microfiber cloth. We'll do a drawing among those who are present just before heading inside for dinner, and the name we pick wins the bag of goodies.
Old 09-30-2019, 05:23 PM

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

Wish I could make it out guys. My wife and I just had a baby, he’s two weeks old tomorrow. You guys have fun and I’ll be looking forward to the next gathering.

Casey
The following users liked this post:
Ccorte819 (10-01-2019)
Old 09-30-2019, 06:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations Casey on your newborn son!!
Old 10-01-2019, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tsxtx
Wish I could make it out guys. My wife and I just had a baby, he’s two weeks old tomorrow. You guys have fun and I’ll be looking forward to the next gathering.

Casey
Congratulations!
Old 10-01-2019, 06:20 PM

What a great turnout. Nine cars and 10 people. I really enjoyed meeting everyone. What really caught my attention is how clean the interiors were of EVERY car. It shows how much everyone likes and how well they take care of their cars. Most people showed up right at 6 pm. It was pretty cool and satisfying to drive over 183 onto the service road of northbound MoPac and simultaneously merge with two other S2000s, like we planned to arrive at the same time. After hanging out by the cars for 40 minutes, we went inside for dinner. Then we came out and talked some more.

Many thanks to all who came out.

I've attached some pictures from the meet.

The Group

It's amazing that almost every car was a different color.

The following 3 users liked this post by youngturk:
Ccorte819 (10-01-2019), DuckyIsMe (10-02-2019), JulieU (10-01-2019)

Quick Reply: [AUS] Dinner Meet in North Austin - Take Two | Tuesday, October 1