Texas - Central Texas S2000 Owners Central Texas S2000 Owners

FS: 1999 10th Anniversary mazda miata

Old 10-24-2006, 07:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 1999 10th Anniversary mazda miata

This is my baby of 4 years. I've previously owned an older miata and was more than excited when I was able to locate this rare 10th Anniversary edition miata. Any miata owners knows about this car. Unfortunately I've had a custon diamond engagement ring made and I am forced to sell this car to pay off the ring. Some uniqueness about the 10th anny miata as compared to the original 1999 model is, first time there was a six speed manual transmision in a miata, bilstein shocks, starlight blue mica paint color, black/blue suede seats, blue soft top, blue/black nardi shift knob, blue/black nardi steering wheel, blue interior carpet, chrome gauge bezels, chrome 10th anny wheels, blue leather shift boot, front chin spoiler, side skirts, rear mud guards, and adjustable front stut tower bar, ALL FROM THE FACTORY EQUIPPED.
I have done only a few minor mods to this beauty including a Racingbeat rear bolt on muffler, sparco shift knob, eibach pro-kit lowering springs, mazdaspeed windblocker(has built in speakers), c/d/mp3 player, and a brand spanking new black OEM top. I was forced to replace the original blue top b/c through age it started to leak bad. I also had to replace the shift knob b/c the original one wore down to bottom. The front tire have 50% tread and the rear tires are brand new. Both registartion and inspection stickers were just replaced two days ago.

PROS:
Ice cold A/c
Amazing reliability and an even better daily driver than my s2000
Great handling
Great gas mileage
Everything works perfectly, power steeing, A/C, power windows, power door locks, cruise control, fog lights, etc.

Cons:
Hmm lemme think of any real ones.....
I had to purchase and paint a new front bumper b/c it got hit by some debris in the road. No type of damage whatsoever except shattering the front lip. I had to buy a lip replacement as well.
Few little door dings here and ther.
Someone tried to break into the passenger side door by jamming the lock on the outside with a screwdriver so it needs to be replaced if it bothers you. I just unlock and lock the door by the key via drivers side door.
The seats have a few water stains I have not trie to clean. Possibly steamcleaning might work. The steering wheel is worn a bit as well.

$7100.00
Old 10-24-2006, 08:02 AM

Also forgot to mention it has a new ACT stage 2 clutch
Old 10-24-2006, 04:50 PM
Banned

Not to bust your bubble bud but just because its Special Anniversary doesnt mean its rare it says 7,500 were made.

To put that in perspective, only 5,000 Ap1's were made for the usa per year. So your s2000 is alot more rare than that miata. Ap2 is a different story idk about. IT may be more rare, or less rare.

But im mixing apples and oranges here, because we all know each and every s2000 is "special" in its own way, special edition or not.
Old 10-24-2006, 04:52 PM
Banned

P.S i almost forgot, you have a very nice automobile there. I personally like the styling of the miatas....idc what anyone says they look good ESPECIALLY with hard tops. Only problem is, i stick out 1 foot above the windshield practically when i sat in a mx-5.

Props for a nice ride
Old 10-24-2006, 05:55 PM
Community Organizer

The most important thing not mentioned here is -- how many miles are on it? By the looks of the driver's seat and steering wheel, I'd say at least 120k miles....

Ricky
Old 10-24-2006, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by rickycrx,Oct 24 2006, 07:55 PM
The most important thing not mentioned here is -- how many miles are on it? By the looks of the driver's seat and steering wheel, I'd say at least 120k miles....

Ricky
Oops forgot, 127,000 miles thx
Old 10-24-2006, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by davidvonyork,Oct 24 2006, 06:52 PM
P.S i almost forgot, you have a very nice automobile there. I personally like the styling of the miatas....idc what anyone says they look good ESPECIALLY with hard tops. Only problem is, i stick out 1 foot above the windshield practically when i sat in a mx-5.

Props for a nice ride
thx
Old 10-25-2006, 06:04 AM
Community Organizer

Wow, not a bad guess on my part.

It's tempting to sell the wife's Integra GS-R and get something like that 10AE Miata... We've both always loved them, but then she'd go from one old moderate-mileage car to another old high mileage car.... I just can't win.

Of all the cars out there, we've narrowed things down to either an RSX or a TSX for her next car.

Ricky
Old 10-25-2006, 07:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=davidvonyork,Oct 24 2006, 06:50 PM] Not to bust your bubble bud but just because its Special Anniversary doesnt mean its rare
Old 10-25-2006, 11:03 AM
Banned

Yeah good point sondra, but the s2k is a stand alone car, meaning there are no special editions (unless your counting the 50 or so special "type r's" made. There may have only been 7500 made of the special edition....but there are also 50 billion regular miatas made. I agree now that this car may in fact be more "rare" then i initially stated.

What sets this thing apart from a regular miata besides the badge?

Quick Reply: FS: 1999 10th Anniversary mazda miata