Texas - Central Texas S2000 Owners Central Texas S2000 Owners

Gauging interest for a tech/Install day

Old 08-25-2011, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Gauging interest for a tech/Install day

I know there are a lot of people here in SA that have a large amount of knowledge when it comes to installing all types of parts. Bruthaboost has offered to assist me in installing my vortech supercharger, as I do not have many tools or experience. I know Mr_Grand_Prix and another have expressed interest in attending to watch/assist. I wanted to put this out to see if anyone was interested in hosting or attending. I've got a car port that can hold possibly 2 cars but it is not enclosed. These 100+ days are killer, as I just changed the fuel pump last weekend. I have Tuesday and Wednesday as days off but I can get other days(weekends) if it's necessary. We can pick up some food or BBQ and some beverages of choice. So if anyone is interested and/or has specific dates in mind, let me know. Just waiting for a boomslang harness to come in...
Old 08-25-2011, 04:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Definitely interested but in Austin... so weekends would be the best bet for me. Keep this thread updated with dates so people who are interested can try to meet you guys.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:04 AM

Interested in SA or Austin but would prefer to wait until temps in the garage are below 100 degrees. Wishful thinking...
Old 08-26-2011, 11:15 AM

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

These 100+ degree days are brutal. Had a friend convince me to swap my diff for a one with 4.57 FD and we were suffering (even with a 30" shop fan). We also got started around 8am but things always pop up...

I'll be going back to stock FD, but not until it starts cooling off; end of September may be.

Just FYI as early at 7am it's already 80+ degrees.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say towards the end of Sept or even first week of Oct..
Old 08-26-2011, 01:20 PM

Yeah, in leaning in that direction. I work overnight and it's still in the 90's. I'm not a fan of working in this heat and I'm in no rush.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Wydget
Yeah, in leaning in that direction. I work overnight and it's still in the 90's. I'm not a fan of working in this heat and I'm in no rush.
well i can tell you are not in a rush.. its been years in the making for you for this setup lol .
Old 08-26-2011, 02:11 PM

Depending upon the weekend and with some more detail on what you will be doing. I have a garage and a portable a/c that if you leave the door open can give you reasonable temperatures for most the day. Was in the garage all day last saturday and it wasn't too bad.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:14 PM

Gus: haha, yeah years of raiding money. Lol. Now I've got a damn good career going with great pay and money flowing. Lol.
JustinC: that would be awesome. I'm going to be doing a vortech V2 install along with a few gauges. all my brackets are put together, only missing a few bolts.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:17 PM

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

If anyone wants to replace their top, valve adjustment (though that requires the engine be cold), etc give a heads up and we can do that too.

Quick Reply: Gauging interest for a tech/Install day