Texas - Central Texas S2000 Owners Central Texas S2000 Owners

What have you done to your S2000 lately?

Old 09-30-2013, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8295014@N07/9315660804/[/quote]

That rear looks epic
Old 10-14-2013, 12:05 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

replaced my AP1 front bumper with an AP2. installed my air pump simulator, removed all of the air pump and tubing. next i gotta flip the tires and get an alignment. anyone have a recommendation for an in gorund lift alignment place thats familiar with s2000s?

little tape job to protect all the work i did on the exterior of the HL

the old set up

the new set up

pre emblem

post emblem

the carnage, where the cut off wheel was used. had to take off the edges of the bumper crash bar. also showing my cold air intake radiator panel mod. looks stock

when i had a 6 inch 90* dryer hose turn in front of the radiator for more cold air, lol. RAM AIR INTAKE

another pic of the ram air, the dryer duct has since been uninstalled.

all the air pump goodies. plumbing, current box, pump itself, vacuum lines, secondary idle air controller thing-ma-jig.

look Ma, no lines routed to the intake! except that one!

EGR valve, sans tubing to make it function. because race car.

AP1 ballast on AP2 housing. 'tis possible. butyl tape sealing the bottom. funky fresh zip tie mounting.

Le Finie result

yummm.. 20mm spacers

thats all for now.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

loooking good!
Old 10-22-2013, 05:57 AM

looking at a SSM hardtop, but the seller sounds like he doesn't know shit about it. he doesn't know if he has the rear brackets. IDK about this one but its already my color so i'd like to hop on it asap.

anyone grab their hard top off CL? get you uninstall the brackets why the dude waited?
Old 10-22-2013, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by deception9
looking at a SSM hardtop, but the seller sounds like he doesn't know shit about it. he doesn't know if he has the rear brackets. IDK about this one but its already my color so i'd like to hop on it asap.

anyone grab their hard top off CL? get you uninstall the brackets why the dude waited?

I did 2 trips... 1 trip to pick up the HT... and the 2nd trip to uninstall brackets and swap my old brackets. He wasn't super happy.. but he was patient.

Shuluke
Old 10-27-2013, 08:46 AM

bought that hardtop, on wednesday, got it installed last night. as an early AP1 owner i had to trim the inside brush set to fit around the bracket. OEM silverstone, never been painted another color. suede headliner, tinted rear glass with defrost and harness and brackets. considering most OEM hardtop on here for at least 3,000, i think i stole this one

edit: pics coming soon.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:42 AM

got my top PDR'd by Alpha Dent's owner Chris Naylor. what he did to this hard top can only be described as magic. does f@#king awesome work. he does charge extra for aluminum (hood, OEM hardtop) but he does fantastic work.

pictures!

notice the slight imperfection right above the drives side seal. seller told me there were 3 "tiny things in the paint", i thought they were in the clear coat. nope, these were dents. it either fell off of a hardtop rack or something was dropped on the top. all and all i found 8 dents that needed PDR'ing, Chris' eagle eyes found 9. in the top alone. f@#king craigslist, lol.

i think this is a little bit into working on it.

Chris himself

Rear fender rolling "stage 2" (just rolling them more flat for clearance for 255s, maybe)

and the results i'll have up later today, gotta go take pics once my car is actually clean, lol. loving hardtop so far though! no leaks, and no wind noise, i guess i lucked out. put it on just in time for all the rain we have been getting lately.

Custom Wasp Composites front splitter should be here thursday in time for the First Thursday Cobb Tuning Meet. hope to see some of yall there!
Old 11-05-2013, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by deception9
got my top PDR'd by Alpha Dent's owner Chris Naylor. what he did to this hard top can only be described as magic. does f@#king awesome work. he does charge extra for aluminum (hood, OEM hardtop) but he does fantastic work.

pictures!

notice the slight imperfection right above the drives side seal. seller told me there were 3 "tiny things in the paint", i thought they were in the clear coat. nope, these were dents. it either fell off of a hardtop rack or something was dropped on the top. all and all i found 8 dents that needed PDR'ing, Chris' eagle eyes found 9. in the top alone. f@#king craigslist, lol.

i think this is a little bit into working on it.

Chris himself

Rear fender rolling "stage 2" (just rolling them more flat for clearance for 255s, maybe)

and the results i'll have up later today, gotta go take pics once my car is actually clean, lol. loving hardtop so far though! no leaks, and no wind noise, i guess i lucked out. put it on just in time for all the rain we have been getting lately.

Custom Wasp Composites front splitter should be here thursday in time for the First Thursday Cobb Tuning Meet. hope to see some of yall there!

Sweet!!! See you there!